Chapter 3|A Bad Dream

I woke up in a foreign bed. I scanned the room. It had multiple beds and strange-looking equipment. A man I didn't recognize walked into the room. He had a clipboard in his hands. "Ah, you're awake," he said and went to the foot of my bed. "How are you feeling?" he asked. I felt tired, and my stomach still hurt. "I feel fine," I lied. "Are you sure? That was a pretty major injury and it's not completely healed..." The man questioned. I got out of bed and took a few steps towards the door. I started feeling dizzy from pain. I shakily took a few steps. My vision was fading to black and I fell. The man helped me back into the bed. "You are not allowed to get up until I say so." He commanded. "I never introduced myself, did I? My name is Bruce Banner." He added, his voice kinder. My vision went back to normal. "How long will it take for me to heal?" I asked. I needed to get back to Tourmaline. "A couple of days. You do heal pretty fast, though." Bruce answered. 

"You're not human, are you?" he asked politely. "No. What gave it away?" I asked sarcastically. "The fact that you have horns, pointed ears, and fangs. Humans don't typically have those." He commented. I laughed. "I'm an elf." "I've never met an elf before. Wierd, just when you think your life couldn't get any stranger." Something buzzed, and Bruce took a green rectangle out of his pocket. "I have to go, but I'll check up on you later." He then jogged out of the room. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

I found myself in the royal gardens back in my village. Most of the plants were in full bloom. I walked along the cobblestone paths, stopping occasionally to sniff a sweet-smelling flower. I closed my eyes, letting the warm summer rays grace my skin. This was pure bliss. I looked at the other elves in the garden. They were frozen in place, almost like a poorly made illusion. I then smelled smoke. I saw flames wreaking havoc in the garden. The faint screams of the plants being burned alive echoed in my ears. The other elves flickered out of sight. The blaze closed in on me, choking me with smoke and heat. 

I woke up with a scream. A couple of seconds later Patriotic Human burst into the room. "Are you okay?" He asked, breathless. I nodded, even though my breathing was unsteady. "I just a bad dream," I explained. He looked skeptical, but said ok and left the room. I leaned back into my pillow and thrust my consciousness into the city, looking for Tourmaline's. 

Thistle! She squealed as her consciousness brushed up against mine. Tourmaline! I squealed back, equally excited. Where are you? She asked anxiously. I'm not sure, but don't come looking for me quite yet. I said. I'm still in the alley. It's taking a lot of my strength to maintain that invisibility spell you cast. Tourmaline answered. I'm sorry. I got injured in the fight and I probably won't be able to leave for a few days. I told her. I'll hold on, and you will too. Tourmaline replied encouragingly. She then added We can't talk much longer. It is taking too much strength from both of us to conversate over such a long distance. I agreed. I could feel the energy being sucked from my body. Goodbye, then. I said. Yes, goodbye. I felt her consciousness drift away from mine. It was lonelier without her constantly with me, but I would carry on until I could fully heal and find her. 

--------------------------------------------------

So I know this chapter was kind of short but I was going through writer's block and I wanted to get a chapter published not late for once. I hope you enjoyed it!

(P.S. She meets Loki and learns the actual names of the Avengers next chapter)

~The Author