Chapter 45|A Rescue

Loki's POV

Help!

A faint cry rang out in Loki's head. Tourmaline lifted her head from where she was curled around Marigold. The dragon was very protective of the elfling.

Loki slammed his book closed, startling Marigold. He was trying to read to keep his mind off of his girlfriend's kidnapping, yet it wasn't working. Thor had told him that fretting wouldn't help. Thistle was strong, she could survive. Did you feel that? Tourmaline spoke, using her magic. "I did. Let's go gather the Avengers."

The team was huddled inside the meeting room. Steve and Natasha were poring over a map, while Clint and Bruce were studying a myriad of pictures and yarn on a cork board. Thor was pacing the floor, Mjolnir in hand. Tony was tinkering with a pair of Peter's web shooters, while Peter was sitting on the ceiling, his eyes puffy from crying. Everyone had felt the absence of the elf, reacting to it in their own ways.

Ave sat huddled in a corner, sharpening her spear. She and her wife had traveled to New York when they found out Thistle had been captured. Loki stood in the doorway, clearing his throat to make himself known. Tourmaline pushed her head in the doorway. The dragon hadn't left her full size since the capture. "Please tell me you have good news, snek." Peter made a small hiccuping noise. "Thistle sent us a signal with her magic. I can track it, but we have to hurry before the trail fades."

Thistle's POV

I sat in my cell, cradling my wrist. How many days have I spent in this hellscape? It felt like weeks since my mother had kidnapped me. It was one of the few times in my life I had wished I needed more sleep to survive, like humans. Instead I have had to spend more hours entertaining myself with nothing. 

A explosion rocked in the distance. My ears twitched at the sudden noise. People yelled in the distance, feet pounding outside. Thoughts spun around in the vortex of my brain. Do I dare yell for help? Friend or foe? 

"Thistle!" A familiar voice called out. Hope surged in my chest. "Loki!" I screamed. I got up and pounded my fist on the door. "Back away from the door." He warned. I obeyed, taking a few steps back. Green magic glowed around the door frame, making the metal melt. Loki stepped over the puddle of metallic goop, donned in full battle leathers. "My love!" He tackled me in a hug, joyful tears falling from his face. The metal handcuffs jingled, as I tried hugging him back. Loki let go of me and pressed a few slender fingers to the metal. Magic glowed around the cuffs, causing them to fall off. I rubbed my wrists, then clutched the broken one to my chest. I pressed a gentle kiss to Loki's cool lips, afraid he would disappear. Loki scooped me up in his arms bridal style. 

"Hate to break the lovers' reunion, but we're in the middle of something here!" Tony yelled as he whizzed by. Loki carried me over to Tourmaline, who was anxiously waiting in the hallway. My boyfriend set me on the dragon, who took off. He turned around, throwing a dagger into the skull of a Hydra Agent. Loki then joined us to escort me and Tourmaline out of the building. He killed anyone in our path, anger rolling off of him in waves. 

Before we could escape, my mother stepped in our path. "You have a choice to make, darling." Each word was sickly sweet. "If you leave this place, I will reveal every single elven settlement to the humans. Do you want to destroy your people's privacy, break the Old Laws?" Tourmaline hissed, smoke rising from her jaws. Loki brandished his knives. I noticed my swords hanging around her wrists, in their bracelet form. Loki noticed too. "She doesn't have to play your damn mind games!" He yelled. With a swirl of magic, my bracelets appeared on my wrists. Loki threw his knives at my mother, summoning more to cut through her gnarled vines. Tourmaline bounded through the hallway. Her mission was to get me to safety. We exited the metal and concrete building.

We were in a snowy forest, the crisp midwinter air welcoming me. A raven followed us, then shifted into Loki. Tourmaline landed next to the Quinjet, which was waiting between two trees. Bruce was sitting the driver's seat, a look of relief enveloping his features at seeing me. A cascade of curly, blue hair tackled me into a bear hug. "Ave!" I exclaimed, overjoyed to see my friend. Ave released me from her death grip to let me sit down. Tourmaline set her head on my lap, while Loki protectively sat next to me. 

Thor boarded the Quinjet, small bursts of lightning still crackling on Mjonir. Ave and I flinched. Natasha was the next to join us, followed by Clint and Tony. Steve was the last to board the Quinjet. He looked like he just saw a ghost. With a rumble of the engine, the Quinjet took off. I was finally going home.

A/N:

Finals are finally over for me and winter break is coming up. I hope to get a lot of writing done. :) As always, thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and/or comment! 

Love you, 

Author-chan