chapter 16

Manik's POV

After that match Everything changed not in home but in school. Even before we are popular but after this it completely reaches peak. Every girl is drooling over us and trying to pursue us or okay mostly 'Me'.At times it was irritating but mostly enjoyable.And every boy is praising me being adored and some out of being jealous too.Out of all I'm happy and back to myself enjoying highschool with little flirting here and there.That girl Nandu's friend she was more being around me than all ,while everyone is trying to get her attention was the most amusing thing but the same time annoying too.

Most of my teammates are selected to interschool competition. And Harshad, Shyam from their team. They even got threatened to be in team afterall they denied the offer instantly. Harshad never wanted to be with us even for a minute. But coach ordered him to follow his rules after all he lost in match.It was hard point out of all at times harshad mocks us which made us always to caught into fight and coach made us do punishment for Misbehaviour that is completely draining out our energy.

Our school has showing more effort in this to win this competition afterall. Only place we seen after school is in ground practicing. And that exams which I'm completely not interested but Nandu is always pestering me to study.

Just two days before exam she ordered me to study trying to be bold but failed abruptly. which was really amusing and cute though. So I went home early , Even Coach offered us to leave to home for study.

When I went home she was sitting on Reading table in my room putting pencil in her mouth, reading and in just few seconds , she sighed and started to complain about this books, syllabus, education and all. I laughed to her words forgetting that she was not aware of my presence. She noticed me and questioned me about standing here without letting her know my presence.

I just shrugged it off , then again she asked me to join her in studying. I denied just as I am not interested. She tried and even bribed me made me think"What is that she can offer to me?" So I asked " What you even have to offer?"I don't know what I intended to ask until she got anger and about to leave.

This little flirting thing gotten into me made me say those words which I now regretting. I never talk to her like that after all she is my friend  but happened.I felt bad so I started studying but my mobile started buzzing constantly with messages which was really hard to concentrate . So I asked them to read to which they totally made fun. I left the chat when grandpa called me for dinner. After  having dinner I started studying  and slept late.

Next day Nandu started avoiding I know she was not what everyone know or see, she is more like every other girl there. With equal emotions and feelings but try to hide them. But with me she never hides anything I felt that's what everyone want from a true friend. I know she can't pretend, If she want to she avoids the person. That's what I learnt about her.

I studied only for her and wrote well.
When papers were issued , I am completely happy that I studied not to fail but here I got good marks. Then my friends got up and were taken to principal office. I felt amused with the situation, when ask them to study they made fun now see what happens. I turned to Nandu and asked about my gift but she said she asked me to come home early which I can't.

These days we lessened the practice. Only a week for interschool competition not even a week , It's just five days. So we should practice hard. I said much about it and asked her to promise that she definitely show me my present.

And talked my studying when she asked me noticing my marks. Went out of the room talking casually about them doing fun and being dragged to principal. To which she said "that's why I wanted you to study but you never listen to me".

"Is our principal that bad",I asked as I don't think so. I found him more of funny person with his moustache that is too little like in snehitudu ( pic is above) movie having oily cartoon face.

"It's not about his appearance and all but it was like them insulting infront all other students" ,she said made me understood.

We were talking until Kabir stopped me. Then she left me there. But being Kabir he asked about her that,"of why am I even talking to her?"."Is she saying anything odd about them?". To which I nodded No. While they questioning Shyam and Rithik came to us happily that diverted the topic. Krish asked "Where they had been!?" To which they said that they said the whole thing. Then Ram asked "Did they give them punishment?".They nodded No and said that as they made excuse saying about practice for competition. Made them leave for last time.

They asked about others, Aarya said that papers are not issued, or else they would have joined them. To which the other laughed. For other it was not tough but to Kabir. If he fail his parents won't tolerate as they talked in themselves.

Ram pointed at me and asked "how I got passed to which Shyam said, I know..I know.

" How?" Ram questioned.

"Obviously that nerd helped him ," shyam replied.

I don't know what to say to those words, they don't think I can study myself so I remained silent there is nothing and also I don't want to prove too.

Then Kabir asked, Is that so you are talking to her  to which  I nodded 'yes'. He warned again not to get fool by her appearance. I just sat silent. Then Dhruv put his hand and on my shoulder and patted like saying it was okay. Then the day went good with usual boring classes and later with practice. Then they said all got failed except in one or other subjects. But Kabir got failed in all subjects which was bad but are relieved because of match.

The days are good with less talking and more of practicing whenever we have leisure time. The big day is getting nearer making us both happy and tensive. We are good and practiced well but that doesn't mean we can win easily. Afterall they say that other team only winning from past years even how hard our school tries. There was a strong bond in them with best players and all. I don't understand whether they're praising them or lowering ourselves . For us most lacking thing is unity . Harshad and shyam never wanted to be with us even after how hard Coach tried. This will be the great drawback of our team. I sighed with all this but after all we planned the play today as tomorrow was the big day. But Harshad and Shyam show no Interest.

************************************
Hey lovelies, How is my update ? Kindly comment if you find any errors in typos. And one more thing harshad's friend Shyam , and Kabir's friend shyam is different persons. Don't get confused.

Please Vote,
             Comment
            & Share.

~Keep supporting guys. Love you ~