chapter 40

Nandu's POV

Like always the food was amazing. Spices of biryani dancing in my mouth, with each morsel, I'm totally in love with my biryani. Seeing me eating Manik laughed out loud made me feel embarrassed. After that I silently ate my food.

Then I went to my home after washing dishes. I felt exhausted with everything and soon drifted to sleep but in midsleep I felt Mom shouting " How many times should I have to say to lock the door properly". This girl never listens." I again drifted to deep sleep. In morning mom awaken me. As exams are near my brain is on alert mode and got up quickly with mom calling itself. Eventhough the chill weather tempted me to sleep more, I got up saying 'No' to myself .

After that I read for sometime and then got up to freshen. I dressed like usual and went down .Being me clumsy my spects fell down that's when my nose piece fall off. I had my spects on, it haven't sit perfectly and felt odd.Placing my glasses at side showing them to mom.I got my plate moved to sofa to watch TV. Mom again started scolding to eat at table. Like usual I ignored. I went out washing my plate. I entered the school premises and everyone is being themselves so I lowered my head,while I felt someone is staring at me. I ignored as it might be wrong but when I looked up after few steps Rihaan is clearly staring at me while he was surrounded by girls. I just stopped in my tracks and he too didn't averted his eyes.

It's when I felt self concious and my feet didn't move and I'm nervous. I never felt nervous or any odd feeling back then but now with what's going on, I felt odd with him moving to this school that too for me. That's when he started moving towards me I turned to look straight and moved two steps. That's when two hands on either sides touched me to which I got shocked.I faced Rihaan which I know and turned to other side seeing Manik glaring at him. Rihaan took off his hand.

" Nandini here are your glasses", Manik said placing them.I adjusted them and it was fixed. Rihaan mocked Manik, " Woah,you're carrying things too........."That's when I dragged Manik away as everyone is staring at us . I never think Rihaan becomes this petty over all. After we went far, he started about to ask ,"what was he doing with me?!".

I stopped him not to ask anything. I explained him," I felt someone is staring and that's when he approaches me and you came.This is what happened " ."Beaware", Manik warned. I too nodded. Then he too smiled. He was about place his hand my head which makes feel like a kid . So I stopped him. He narrowed his eyes instead I dragged him to class.

Exam schedule will be announced tomorrow . Everyone is talking about it like them Navya too. Only thing she talks about is exams but when Harshad was seen in canteen she diverted her sole focus on him blushing. That's when I found Aliya sitting with Manik and his friends. Manik glanced at me but I didn't spare him another glance.

That's why Aliya didn't come to me.Then Rihaan joined Harshad, that I came to know because Navya is repeating again and again. One thing I love about Navya is even how talkative she is, she never questions me about anything.

Later we had our lunch and went for our class.Manik too joined and seemed happy. He questioned "Why didn't I joined them?!". I thought he was making fun.I force smiled. He narrowed his eyes at me ,I just nodded 'nothing'. "Nandini speak up,' Why?" He again demanded.I don't think he will ask me to sit and is serious about it. How can he think ,I'll sit with them.I got angry and about say,"That's when teacher came".we both diverted our attention to her.classes are not much, every teacher gives their class to get prepare for exams.Later in study hour's too everyone fixed to study.Like them I too.Like this week passed in blur with studies and all.

Tomorrow was the first exam. So I asked," Manik, Will he prepare with me?!." He thought for a moment to which I narrowed my eyes. Without letting him decline, I said "Study with me, I'll explain everything to you" afterall I completed most of the syllabus even for him too I explained everything in detail.