Chapter-70

Manik's POV
I don't remember when I slept as talking to Nandu was the last thing that I remember. I got up fresh as I'm already late glancing at the time. Grandpa is at the table eating while he is all set for the day. I went in freshen up and had a quick breakfast as Grandpa is so persistent on me having some food. Later we went to the office as there is much work to handle.

Leaving all the work on Grandpa, I went to Detective. But he said that many employees were wearing the same dress as it was the dress code which is of no use. I doubt even the detective is on their side as there is no slight proof as another day is about to complete. I asked Grandpa's PA who is with us for a long time and is trustworthy, to keep a tab on those girls the other day as there is no proof till now without Grandpa's knowledge.

I'm getting nostalgic without any evidence. It's been five days with no evidence and today I have another attack as I'm incompatible with my Dad. These days more than panic attacks someone was probing me that I'm useless and shameful to my parents. When it hits its peak, I through things on the ground as I can't control my anger on myself and the crowd laughing at my incompatibility. I know that was all my hallucination but being me feel useless messing with my mind.

Suddenly Grandpa came in hearing the ruckus that I am creating in my room. When he was about to come near and hug me. I collapsed on the ground saying," That I'm useless. I'm not worthy of you, Mom and Dad, Grandpa" I cried hard. As Tears brimmed in my eyes. "Manik... Manik.....Don't talk like that beta. You're my Grandson, you're worthy of everything. Never feel Less. All of this is not your fault. Manik, Please understand. You're just Highschooler. Don't enter into this mess. If you want to go back to Goa, please leave and live happily."

"Grandpa, Yes, I'm worthy of everything and of my parent's love too. But where are they!?. Nowhere. They left me because someone killed them for their selfishness. I can't ignore and live my life." That is not my way of life, I reasoned.

Grandpa stared at me more into my soul and said, "Manik, Never go for Revenge, It avenges you only", stressing every word.

But I said clearly," It's not about Revenge, but about JUSTICE. It's the only motto for now. I  can't live happily ignoring the Truth that someone snatched my life by killing my Mom and Dad who was everything to me ".

I just left there and don't know where I'm going. I went upstairs and lay down and stared at the sky. My eyes got teary thinking about my parent's death. I placed my hand on my head to rub off the thoughts and free myself from this burden. I want my parents back but that's Impossible and I accept it. I will also make sure the culprit rots in hell.

I just stared at the stars realizing that even my parents were there in the sky and suddenly I felt Nandu's presence beside me lying and staring at me asking me, why am I crying. Without saying anything, I smiled at her with a sad heart. That's when my mobile started ringing which is in my pocket. When I look at the screen Nandu's name is displayed. I realized that seeing her beside me is all my hallucination. I answered quietly.

She asked," How am I?! and Grandpa, after listening to me she asked, How is everything going on? I answered," Everything is quite good thinking about  not to discuss with her after much thinking realizing that she is just a schoolgirl."

She was silent for a few minutes and replied that she know. With that, I understood she got a clue about my situation. So I said, "I'll call back".

She interrupted and said," I MISS YOU".
For her, it was normal words but my heart skip a beat listening to her confession. For her, It was just about missing me but to me, It means the world, as to what I am feeling or going through that I'm alone in this whole world. I just want to go and melt in her embrace. That's the only thing I wanted to do now. I doesn't speak another word, except being in my thoughts until she called me.