chapter 15

Nandu's POV

The day went well and again school days. I woke up and went to school early. The hall way is crowded little oddly. When I stand somewhat far from the crowd, expect somebody to talk "what is happening!".

Navya came standing beside me. I asked my thought out. For which she said that " it's them", with disgust face.
"Who", I asked.
"Kabir's Gang"she said made me shocked.

"Is they are bullying someone or might be involved in fight?"And also Is Manik is with them too?" My thoughts are raising.Without letting her know about my concern for Manik I asked her.

"What about them?" I questioned with doubt.All the school is praising and your friends are fangirling them." Can't you hear them giggling " she snapped at me stating the truth.

" Ok" I said casually, Relief spread within me. I know how much they have worked hard for it."Nandu what are you saying ,Are you Ok with that ? What happened to you? Are you in normal self?" She asked all over in a single phrase. That made me amused.

"What she expected for me to feel?"I thought having blank expression.

"Nandu, you are not getting it, it only means more trouble ",she said now I understood what she meant.

But I can't do anything I just stared at her, when reality hits.

If Harshad had win match,this all wouldn't have happened.she remarked dreaming about him.

Within time the bell rang and assembled in ground for prayer. Today the prayer is of less praying and more of praising. It was too boring. Atlast the prayer ended by heaven's grace. He came and sat beside me with full on energy while me being drained out.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked seeing his grinning teeth.
"Because I am happy " was his curt reply .

I show no interest but here he was so happy. I decided to let him be in his own bubble of happiness. Then classes begin and announced that there will be an assignment on Saturday for all, pointing fingers at them particularly not to miss it by leaving for practice to which the other annoyed except Manik showing no interest.

Lunch time arrived. We went to lunch hall. I went to collect my food tray and Aliya chided in saying why I left her yesterday and that hurts her the most. Then she took me to her table before that she placed her food tray for Manik to which I felt it odd and saw his face complaining.

Even when he didn't want it, she insisted on to take it for her. I narrowed my eyes at him but when Kabir joined the conversation, I just left there but Aliya came beside me and took me to her usual table.

I sat there silent but the girls chirped in saying that 'you came here again!?'
'why don't you go there itself to where you belong?' The other girl said.'You should be honoured to sit with us!' then another girl said. Then Aliya defended saying "Don't talk to her like that,she is my..nah.. our friend". She side hugged me.

I felt uncomfortable and my innervoices shouting to get up and show them what you are, but I shut them up and try to fit in. They where like talking , talking about them means Kabir's Gang, mostly about Manik, how cute he was; how handsome he was; how he smiles:;......blah,blah.I ate fast and stand up to leave. Then again Riya the same girl who mocked me first shouted at me "Do you have any decency to get up at the middle.!?".

I'm done with this. At times I felt I want  to show them what I'm ,but can't because this is fifth school I changed just in four years. Mom always supported me and fought for me with everyone whenever I caught into fight.so I stopped my feelings to take over me. I walked away from there. Then disappeared to my favorite spot.