chapter-43

Nandu's POV

My breath got hitched, " What will happen if it was Mom?, How will she react?" With those thoughts I turn around, it was not Mom and it was aunt such a relief. She was Mom's friend even before me being born.

She came forward and clapped saying," Wow, You're more like your father....No...No... you crossed him Nandu. If he see your dance he'll be amazed". I just shrugged off. Don't play with me auntie,not about him. I passed her, " Nandu , I don't know What you think about him?, But he truly care about you and love you more than you think".

" May be , May be not!" I said with uncertainty. While we're descending the steps, I asked thinking," If he truly cares , he would have been with us all along and would have escaped me from the torture I have faced for having single parent.

"Nandu we were always there for you even without him being there!?" She said. I half smiled" Yes, you both where there after everything happened and to suppress me without punishing the actual ones", I replied mocking.

She stared silent and said after a while," you know.....".

I cut her off saying, we can't fight with them,that's why you changed me schools. " Okay " I understand .But that doesn't mean he was innocent." "Just Remember, Because of him these all happened." I stated. That's when Mom called for us to come down.

She placed all the things on the bed.she bought two beautiful dresses for me and matching jewels for me. Seeing them itself I understood it was pure gold. Mom I interrogated, "Is it Gold?!".

"Yes it was, Doesn't they look pretty ?". She asked happily. " Mom they were but what about Money?!" I doubted.

"Nandu , I'm head nurse Now.My earnings are good enough and also it's my responsibility that I never bought any ornaments for you. I don't want my Nandu to face what I have faced during my wedding " she said teary at the last word.

" Mom..." I voiced. But seeing her my words died down.

" Don't be over dramatic Sindhu, Why you always this emotional . She is just studying not going to get married tomorrow. So Will you stop this now?" Aunt commented.

I don't understand both of them, they were like frienemies. Aunt doesn't like her even 1% of way of talking and any other things and always took dad's side but again she was there for her all through her life in both ups and downs. Likewise Mom too, her second pregnancy became more critical, then Mom took care of her even after the pregnancy while even their parents are unable to be present. Even uncle love us dearly but he usually go outside on his work.

Aunt gave me both the dresses and asked me to try them. One was in blue colour and other one was light green.Light green looks more attractive with stones that sparkles and the dress is little heavy where stone designs scattered across the dress. Everyone wil be dazzled seeing me in this. I wore the dress and went out. But seeing me in that dress, I don't felt that dress is for me. More glistening and all. They both said it was beautiful but later I changed to blue, It was like my love. It fits me well and fabric was nice and fabulous.

It just have a stone design at the waist line that makes it look elegant and classy. I opened my hair and slide a slide at one side. Let the hair flow freely . I love my hair and with this dress it was perfect.

I went outside to show this but Manik was standing there dazzled with wide eyes. Only words that left his mouth was "Wow .... !". I'm in air, thinking I look beautiful, but his words left me felt confused. He gave me clip saying," You look better in uniform though....."

That's when aunt and Mom came ." you're so beautiful Nandu, This dress suits you more", Aunt said.

" Don't you agree sindhu", Aunt smirked at Mom.I understood that it was aunt's selection.

"Everything suits on my Nandu," Mom complimented.

I questioned auntie, " What's the deal!?"."pizza party.... "she said."Hurray.... chicken pizza " I happily announced. " Okay....okay...you both never change", Mom scolded.

And she asked Manik, "What's yours !?".He didn't said anything, instead he asked Mom that," he'll treat". Mom politely decline and asked," What's his? ".

He replied eyeing me to convince her, "mixed veggies ". I shrugged off.Mom ordered for all of us. It's hard to convince Mom, and aunt is my gateway for outside food. Eventhough both work at same place and same profession. Aunt never got strict with food. Mom never allows us to have outside food and prepares everything at home.she is really good but how can I have it only.

Aunt patted Manik's shoulder and said ," she is always like this, so don't mistook her".

Manik nodded his head but I don't think he felt normal. Later I got changed and order arrived while them chatting, I went to collect order. Even Aunt and Manik get along just like with Mom. But I felt he is staring at me time to time. When I asked him he shrugged off like it was nothing. We all had fun while having.Later aunt left, manik too got up to leave.

Mom bidded good night as she too felt he might've misunderstood. He left bidding both of us good night.he went on his way and I went to my room. No more studying as sleep is drowning me. I fell on bed and slept peacefully.

******************************
Eventhough chapter is too small, I felt major things happened in the story that you'll came to know in later chapters.

Happy Lohri guys....love you all.💖