chapter-61

Nandu's POV

Later that, the day went in a blur as I didn't talk much with Manik after their show. Even there was no much time due to exam. After exam I went home, Mom being mom she was so annoying. But the weird thing is she didn't left to hospital. I understood ,she was trying to be with me taking day off. This was the thing I hated the most. She takes day off whenever she wants and when I ask her to take . Then she says they won't give. How can they give if she do like this. I huffed and got refresh.

I sat before TV to chill for sometime. Mom didn't interupted me but is preparing something in kitchen.I don't know how much time I have spent watching TV, but interupted  with doorbell. I got excited as it might be Manik, but to my dismay , it was HER my bestfriend 'Aliyah'.Note my sarcasm I don't understand whether she is my bestie or not.If we're friends How come I can't  be myself with her. I have to pretend, always pretend.

She came to me means there will be a story behind which might be their parent's fight obviously. Only because of her , I felt it was better my parents are divorced or else where can I go whenever they fought, that was the first thing that come to my mind. I forced a smile inviting her in. "Hi, What a surprise!?, Come in " I said.

To which she replied," Surprise!?, Aunt didn't told you". Listening to her, I turned to Mom but she was happy to see her and moved to her side. " It's nothing  Nandu, you feel bored and messed up , so I invited her, so that you guys can combine study and you will get time for yourselves".

Seriously Mom, I know why you called her.I just asked me to leave me for few days and here you're messing up my brain.You don't listen to me or will understand me. 'Combine studies ', that too with Aliyah.Definitely , Today is not my day.

With that Mom excitidely conversed with her about school and her family.She too answered her politely. Then Aliyah ushered me to go up.we both went to my room and I insisted on studying. She only got a small handbag in which I doubt whether it have any books. Her dress ,it perfectly hugs her body that look elegant and girly unlike me.

Seeing her I wish why can't I be like her 'apple of everyone's eye',but then again I don't like those dresses and only felt happy in wearing comfy dresses.That was heaven unlike them.Who wants  Apple of someone's eyes when I'm not even comfy. Interrupting my thoughts , Aliyah questioned what happened "Nandu, Did Aunty and You fought....!?" She questioned with her sweet voice. Whenever she talks I felt How come she talk cutely all the time even when she is angry.Here for me I never can talk sweetly.Sweet is another thing I can't even talk calm. My emotion reaches the other person before my words.That's how I am.

That's when I questioned," What's makes you think like that!".

To which she narrowed her eyes but again regained her clamness and said," Anyone who knows you , can simply find out....Ok..It's upto you."Now I feel she is my friend afterall. With that we sat on the bed and She laid down happily.

I insisted ,"  Okay ,Come on let's study".

"Seriously Nandu, It's been a while of us having our own. You wanted us to study." She asked smiling wide thinking or hinting about something that's when afternoon's things came to mind.

Then she asked about Rihaan " Why don't you just propose him. He was so Handsome afterall.After Manik ,Every girl is eyeing him. I know he joined our school just for you. Why don't you...." she rambled but I simply ignored her.

Now I understood what she was hinting on 'Manik' even not I have to stop her blabbering. He's is the only one whom she cares. so, I asked about afternoon's topic.Even without me asking she'll say about it,so I started cutting her off.

" After..Afternoon..." I started but can't cut her off .when she talk we have to listen. That's it. Smiling  I brought up " Afternoon ... Everyone's eyes were only on you, You guys are really....." I don't know how to describe it, as pairing Manik with her is little difficult as it pinches my heart but It was the Truth.