chapter-42

Nandu's  POV

Waited....waited ...waited for Manik but he doesn't came. So I left to my home while I try to concentrate  on studies. I studied for  sometime  and  don't know when I got drowned in sleep. I woke up suddenly  when Dad appeared in my dream asking for me to leave Mom to stay with him. I shook my head and  got up.

Flashback

I replayed when morning  incident replayed in my mind. I went out for walk and came in seeing the main door kept ajar, never will mom left it open.so I entered closing the door slowly thinking she might be resting. But I  heard that she is arguing with someone and stunned hearing those words Dad.....Dad.  Did dad came but there is no sign of him. My heart feels insane at one side it is missing him dearly and wanted to see him .But another side I don't want to see him, only thing I  wanna do is avoid him at any cost. With messed up mind I  moved further to see What's  happening without making any sound.

She is fighting over mobile with him, Dad is not there."How can you say she is your child?", What am I to her Then!, You took away Sid from me.she remained silent and again started saying ," YES', I said that I'll  convince  her but that doesn't  mean I 'll give her to you permanently. 

Then again she listened and  replied," WHATEVER  I HAVE DONE IS FOR US, YOU WOULD  HAVE  UNDERSTAND  IF YOU EVER LOVE ME. IT'S  OKAY EVEN  IF YOU DON'T  UNDERSTAND....... With that I  left there. What's  his motto. How should I think about him. Will he truly come over!?  ......STOP...STOP..RIGHT There. Don't overthink. We will see when he come here, until then think about other things.  That's  when  I  moved further  reached an empty park. Afterall today is Sunday Noone  will come. Everyone  will be glued to sofas watching  TV. I  played on all of them letting myself to pretend happy eventhough  my instincts making me cry,  that's  when  I  started crying.

I rub off my tears and wash my face near tap. I  don't  find interest  in going home, for everyone  only way I can prove myself  is by my grades. So I  went  to  grandpa' house to study and  asked for Manik. He said he went outside  but will come in few minutes. 

I went to Manik's  room and  got books to read. Few minutes turns into two hours.Grandpa is doing his work, at times he was on phone ordering someone  and on other hand he is checking  his files.Today even he was busy with his work. I felt alone so I  reached home even though I don't  want  to  go there. Seeing me Mom said," "Nandu, Where were you till now. It's Okay,  change your dress and come fast we're going to bazar?" .

I replied," I'm not interested  you go Mom".

" Don't  be like that you'll  love,so come. we're going out for shopping " Mom said cheerfully. 

"Mom! Why're  you  wasting money on shopping always" I questioned  angrily.

"Why do you think like that? You even forget what  was the DAY ! day after tomorrow , " she questioned.

I replied," I  don't  know?"

"Your's birthday!", she announced  excitedly. 

I don't  feel excited for that," Then what?" I asked.

" Nandu you're  making doubt myself  and  you ", "Nandu....Why're  you  behaving like this. Everyone  feels  excited about onething or other. Like every other girls , Why're  you  not fond of anything.  You don't  have  any friends  at all except  Manik and  that girl. You don't  spend time with any of your friends  except  TV and  books.  Nandu, Is anything bothering you? Are you alright! Does this because of me?.. She started doubting herself.

"Mom stop, you know I don't  like  shopping ,for that Why're  you  making an issue ". I huffed.

"Nandu, If you're  suffering  with me here.There is an escape for all of this, you're  completely  free to ask for it. " she said feeling guilty.

I understand  what she is saying,  that I  can go to dad which I  don't  want . "Mom  Are you mad,why you always  go there. If you don't want  me say it on my face...." in middle of the sentence  she slapped me.

"Never talk like that you're  my only hope  for me",  she stated.

I hugged her and let my tears out, she too cried. She  back off wiping off her tears and  mine too. Then she again  asked me to go for shopping  even after me saying 'No'.

She called aunt and asked her to join. She went out when auntie's  scooty sound was heard.

Hundredth time she asked about  what  I want,  but I  said anything is okay.

Flashback Ends

Looking  at the watch  the time is just four. Knowing  Mom she won't  return till seven with the things she wanna buy and  all. So I  prepared  tea for me, after all  Mom is not there. So I  had my mug and went upstairs  with mom's  mobile. She left with me to call her if I want anything. But the climate is cool and birds are chirping outside and children are  playing too. The weather was so good  and  alone. Somewhere I  heard some melodious music  lifts my mood and my feet started tapping  to the beat. Without me knowing  I  started dancing syncing  the music. Later it stopped and me being in dance mood,  I  started my Playlist.  I stopped abruptly when I  found someone's  presence.

***********************
Hi guys,  How  is the update? I know  it was short. But later chapter will be long.