"Well, I appreciate your willingness to wake me up anyway." She waved a hand through the air casually, sparing a glance up at Hyodo before giving him a smile. "I'm going to go with Akaashi, okay? See you later."

She turned and left toward the front of the apartment before Hyodo could attempt to hug or kiss her goodbye, instead finding Fyodor and giving him a kiss to the head.

After grabbing a key from the bowl, Mei turned her attention back toward the bedroom, suddenly realizing that Akaashi hadn't followed her out.

She narrowed her eyes at Hyodo and Akaashi as they stood in front of each other, Akaashi eventually giving him a smug smile and taking quick steps to join Mei at the door of the apartment.

"You ready or?" Mei asked with a tired expression, holding her hands on her hips and tapping her foot jokingly.

"Or what? Are you so excited to spend time with me?" Akaashi smiled back, and Mei did a double-take before shaking her head and opening the door for him.

"Shut up."

Akaashi let out a satisfied hum at her response, descending the stairs and waiting at the bottom for her to catch up.

Once on the street, the dynamic changed, and Mei and Akaashi both stayed silent as they walked side by side.

Mei wasn't even sure of where their destination was, but she walked with Akaashi anyway, looking down at her feet with every step.

"Sorry for missing your calls and texts. I couldn't find my phone this morning."

Akaashi turned to her, his face revealing slight surprise before he dismissed her apology with a wave. "It's alright. I don't mind going to your place. I'm just surprised about your phone. It usually never leaves your side."

"That's what I'm saying!" Mei shook her hands dramatically, laughing at herself afterward. "But seriously, I swear I fell asleep right beside it. Maybe karma is getting to me and a ghost is pranking me."

"Karma?"

Mei's smile dropped as she looked back down to her feet, keeping quiet until Akaashi leaned his shoulder toward her and bumped into her intentionally.

"If you're saying you have bad karma, I don't agree." He offered quietly, continuing to walk normally after Mei turned her head to look up at him.

She felt her mouth curl up slightly, and she shook her head before holding her head high, finally focusing her attention on her surroundings.

"Where are we going?"

Akaashi only gave a smile in response, lifting a hand and resting it against Mei's back, using it to lead her further forward.

Mei's mouth opened in preparation to protest, but her words didn't have the chance to left her throat as her eyes took in the sight of bright pink in front of her.

"We're here." Akaashi patted her back with the hand that rested there, keeping it there even as Mei stepped toward the pink in silence.

"Oh my gosh, it's beautiful."

"Yes, it really is." Akaashi nodded in agreement. "When's the last time you viewed the cherry blossoms blooming in Tokyo?"

"Jeez, I don't even know." Mei spoke amongst small laughter, her eyes darting all around her as she watched some of the pretty petals fly through the sky like pink snow. "It's absolutely gorgeous."

"Mhmm."

"So, am I expected to discuss my manuscript while looking at this view?" Mei finally tore her gaze away from the trees, turning to the smiling Akaashi beside her, who still held his hand against her back.