parties.

"The outfit, tight in places, and loose in some, says as much in the buttons as it does in cuffs."
Kristen Henderson

"I'll convince him," Mei began, staring at the smiley face drawn in pen on the palm of her hand as she leaned backward in Jun's desk chair. "As if I'd let summer vacation come between us."

"Come between us." Jun mocked, rolling her eyes and grabbing ahold of a pillow to throw at her.

Mei dodged it quickly, giving her friend a pout before picking it up and tossing it back onto the bed.

"I wanna see Akaashi dance. Imagine if he was like... weirdly good at it?"

"I don't think he'll dance, if he shows at all." Jun folded her arms across her chest, grinning at Mei with a small wiggle of her brows. "Hmm, I wonder if he knows he's living in your head rent free, all the time."

"He probably does, seeing as he never fails to remind me how annoying it is."

"He calls you annoying?" Jun sat up, looking to her friend with wide eyes and quickly changing to a glare when Mei laughed.

"No, but I can feel it radiating off of him."

"But he's so nice to you, for the most part." Jun offered, and Mei shrugged her shoulders with a grin.

"Right? He's warming up to me." She gave a light laugh, only laughing harder as she watched Jun shake her head at her. "He likes to act tough and emotionless, but he's probably secretly super caring."

"He doesn't act tough or emotionless at all, Mei. You just blabber your mouth constantly, and you like to tease people. He's too chill for your antics."

"Harsh."

• • •

Mei stood in her living room with her arms crossed, all of her weight propped onto one hip so she could effectively show those on her couch what she was wearing.

Which was a regular pair of black shorts, paired with a regular white shirt tucked in.

To be fair, Mei had thrown a jean jacket on top, which she believed made her powerful.

"What do you want us to say? You look hot?" Sho spoke up from the couch, his legs spread outward until his socked feet reached the legs of the coffee table. "You look hot. There."

"I was asking if you think I'll get too hot... but it might be cold on our way back. Also, does the black match with the faded denim?"

"Yes. Everything matches. You'll take off the jacket when you get hot, and if it's cold we'll all huddle together like penguins just for your sake." Sho groaned, dropping his arms from behind his head before moving to the edge of the couch.

"You're an ass."

"If you're going to call me an ass, make sure you put fine piece of in front of it."

Mei rolled her eyes at Sho's words, stopping herself from finding the nearest object to throw as he giggled to himself childishly.

Instead, Mei turned her gaze to the other end of the couch, where Akaashi sat with his usual deadpan expression, which made her smile as they made eye contact.