10.

•NAJMA's POV•

"Najma I've to tell you something" He says as he's driving and I look up at him, indicating he can continue "we're not taking Iman and Suhail"

"What-why not ?" I ask.

"Iman is shopping for the wedding with her mum, my mum and your mum" he says and I feel tears threatening to come. His mum plus her mum ? So the guy is about to get married and yet he's acting as he's not ? wow ok.

He says something but I hear nothing as my sobbing self is busy doing what it does the best.

He maneuvers the car into a parking space and asks "What's wrong Najma ? What have I done again ?"

"What have you done ? Really Tariq ? Please just take me back home. I can't, I really can't" I say in between my sobs.

"Tell me what's wrong first"

"You ! I don't know why I keep having hopes. I don't know why. Tariq please take me home" I beg and he doesn't say a thing. Just contemplating on I don't know what.

"Iman is getting married with someone called Malik not Tariq. So please don't cry Najma" he says and my jaws drop. Did I just cry in front of him, showing him how much I love him ? Stupid me.

Yes, stupid Najma. I mutter to myself, not knowing what to say. Not even wanting to look at him. I feel so embarrassed right now.

"I, I thought you-you and her are get-getting married. So-sorry" I stutter and he smiles.

"Najma can I hug you ?" He asks out of nowhere and I shrug. Why will he even hug me ?

"No, not now"

"Should I take you home or should we go for our date ? We can have lunch and then go for a walk ?" he asks and I tell him to drive to the restaurant.

•••

"So can I get my hug now that we're out of the car ?" He asks and I smile before shaking my head no. "But why not ?" He whines.

"Because" I shrug.

"Fine, I'll steal one then" and before I realize what he actually said, he hugged me. A hug I never thought I needed. His warmth made me shiver. Weird right ?

He opened the door and let me in before closing behind him. A waitress led us to a couple's table before handing us the menu.

"Thank you" we both said and she left.

"So Najma, can we be friends ?"

I don't want to be your friend, can't you see that I want to be more than just a friend ?

"Yeah of course" I smile "tell me more about you" I put my fists underneath my chin and my elbows on the table.

"What about me ?" He smirks then copies what I've done (That is; same position as me)

"Everything Mr. Al-Fayeed"

"Okay let's do something, you say something about you and right after, I say something about me but we don't ask any questions"

"I'm not sure I understand your language Tariq"

"For instance; I say I like dogs and then you reply with what you like too but without asking me why I like dogs. Simple" he explains and I nod, hoping I understood "ladies first"

"I, I like you" I stutter.

Silence.

Utter silence.