25.

•ALI's POV•

I hesitantly drive to Najma's place with Tariq along. I know she wouldn't like to see him but now is not the moment to think about it, her safety is way more important than the love issues she has with him. After few minutes of driving, we make it to her place and I ask him to stay in the car so that I can explain the situation calmly to her first. We wouldn't want her to kick us out before we say a single word.

I take the elevator to her floor then knock at the door but surprisingly, no one opens. She might have gone to her place ?

Heading back to the elevator, I dial her number but it isn't going through. That's weird, she always has her phone with her.

"She isn't home" I say as I enter the car then quickly drive to her parents' to check. Other than my place, it's the only place she could go to considering she doesn't really have friends and the only true one she ever had is Yasmine who passed away two days after our high school graduation ceremony and at my biggest fear, Najma isn't at her parents place.

With all hopes, I drive to my place, praying she's there because if not, I don't know what I'll do. What if Ismael is really as bad as Tariq is picturing him and he kidnapped Najma ? Nah why kidnap whereas she's his wife and they live together. Rolling my eyes, I shake all negative thoughts away and park at the parking lot of my place then gesture for Tariq to follow me inside because I'm afraid I won't find her here and in case it is the case, I may need a friend since my brothers are surely not home.

Once in, I gasp in horror at the sight of a body lying lifeless on the floor and I hurry to it. It's Ousman. My brother ? No no no I can't lose any other family member !

"Ousman wake up bro" I shake his body, caring less about the blood all over him "Ousman please you can't leave me —us— please please please"

"Ali get away from him" Tariq growls, pulling me away from my brother then carries him outside to the car and I follow him speechless. "Direct me to the nearest hospital, will you ?" his voice echoes and I nod.

But hold on, something isn't right. Where is Najma ?

"What about Najma ?" I ask him, eyes widening.

"Alright, I'll find my way to the hospital, you go find Najma" he says then stops the car and I make my way back to my place.

I walk up to my room and find my room all scattered. I rummage through the scattered stuffs to find anything about what happened but get nothing. What the hell happened?

I dial Abubakr's number then tell him what happened.

"Did you call the cops ? Is Ousman okay ?"

The cops ? Why will I ? Ohh right, I forgot about them.

"Yes" I lie then quickly end the call before calling the cops. Normal people on this type of situation would call the cops because that's how it is supposed to be done but me ? I don't need to mention how stupid I am.

Where the deuce is Najma ? I mutter while still rummaging through the mess then my hand makes contact with Najma's phone. So she came ? Yes stupid.

I unlock the phone —perks of being Najma's favorite is that you get to know her passcode. Well usually she doesn't have but I guess she put it again after the marriage— to get clues on her whereabouts and as I open, I see an unsent message to "Ali🐸💚" Me. Then read the message : "Ali I know you're with Tariq but that doesn't really matter now, I need to talk to you about something very important and please you have to believe me and save me from Os"

And that's the end. Why Os ? Did she want to write Ismael but a typo appeared or did she mean Ousman ? No my brother can't do anything against Najma. Never. Not only against her but against any other person, he's the sweetest human being.