3.

Unedited

____________

•TARIQ's POV•

I go to the living room where the guests are, hoping I will not do anything shitty due to her presence. I don't even know her name but for the few seconds I've seen her, I know she will have some effets on me.

"As Salam Alaykum" I smile to them and they reply "Wa Aleykum Salam" in unison, all smiling.

I search around to see the beauty I've seen earlier but I don't, there's just one girl of my age maybe and two kids, twins I suppose.

"Honey please come here" mum says, patting the empty seat next to her.

I do as she said and sit next to her and greet the woman she is talking to.

"Tariq this is Maryam, my beautiful friend from Syria, you must've forgotten her because last time she's seen you, you were 1 year old" mum introduces us and I nod in response before she says "now go sit with Zouhair, he used to carry you and Leila when he was like 5 or 6 years old" she says and I just nod again.

"You must be Tariq, the second baby I've carried since birth" he said with a grin on his face and I just smile "these are my kids, Suhail and Suhaila"

"Twins ?" I ask and he nods "they're so cute, hello there babies" they both smile and the little girl hugs me afterwards and kisses me on my cheek, she's so adorable. I kiss her back and she begins laughing. Well my kisses are funny I guess. I put her down and involve myself in a deep conversation with Zouhair.

After some minutes, a lady comes and sits next to Zouhair before telling to the other girl, Leila I suppose something and she just stands and goes through the hallway.

Where is the goddess I've seen earlier ? I ask to myself

"That's Khadidja, my wife" Zouhair says and she comes closer and says hello to me. "I'm Tariq, nice to meet you" I say and after some seconds of silence, I add "Now that both parents are here, I would like to ask your daughter in marriage"

"In marriage ?" questions the goddess, almost choking and all I do is look at how beautiful she is as she's standing next to me. She just came back.

"Yeah, in marriage, I want to marry Souhaila and I was hoping Zouhair and Khadidja would allow me" I struggle to reply, never removing my gaze on her.

"No! You're old for my sister" proclaims Suhail, coming out of nowhere.

"But please I want her"I turn to him and whine.

"You can't have her, sorry" he gives me an apologetic smile with a shrug.

"Dad! Suhail is refusing to let him marry me" she cries to her father.

"Oh come on sweetie, don't cry please" he says, wiping the little tears on her and I feel so bad because I'm the one who started it.

My mum tells me to leave this instant before she punishes me and this makes Suhail to have fun of me. I whine again before leaving as instructed by my mum.

Before leaving, I overheard my mum telling them to all go and have some rest meanwhile she'll be doing lunch.

•••