13.

UNEDITED

_________

•NAJMA's POV•

It's been two days now that we haven't heard from Tariq and I'm starting to get worried. Worried that something might happen to him and no one knows where he is.

An idea hits me and I decide to go to Sukaina's room but before that I need to pray Zuhr (2nd daily prayer)

I position the prayer mat to face the Qibla, stand on it then raise my hands with my fingertips reaching my temples but not actually touching and start praying. Praying to Allah, the Almighty. Praying that Tariq is safe wherever he is, praying that Allah should remove Tariq from my heart if him and I are not meant to be. Perhaps him going is a sign from Allah that we don't belong together.

After saying my Salam to both sides starting from my right, I get up and open the door because someone knocked.

"Sukaina I was about to go see you"

"Aww really babe ? What do you need ?" She enters my room then sits on the bed.

"I want you to call Abdin over" I follow her to the bed.

"What for ?" she questions with a confused look.

"He's Tariq's best friend so I'm very sure he knows where Tariq is"

"You still care about that brat ?" she furrows her brows, giving me an annoyed expression.

"Hey that brat is your brother and yes I care about him even if he doesn't love me" I look down, feeling sad.

"Alright alright let me call Abdin" she pats me consolingly on the shoulder then takes her phone to call Abdin.

•••

"Abdin please don't lie, just tell me if he's fine at least. I feel terrible for I am the reason why he left abruptly" I tell him, with a desperate need to know how Tariq is doing.

"Ok fine Najma, UEA is where he is, Dubai precisely" and I gasp.

Why will he go so far ? Couldn't he just go to another city but in the same country ? Am I this terrifying that he has to go miles away?

"Excuse me, what ?"

"Yes, I'm really sorry" he takes his vibrating phone out of his pocket and excuses himself.

"Did I hear well Sukaina ?" I turn to the person sitting at my right.

"Sadly yes but don't worry he's fine okay ?" And I smile, resting my head on her shoulder.

About five minutes later, Abdin comes back to the terrace with a grin on his face.

"What's going on Din ?" Sukaina asks and I put my head up to also know what's happening.

"Guess who just called ?" He asks and without knowing, I mention Tariq's name with a smile on my face "Yesss !" he squeals.

"What did he say ?" I ask, all excited.

"He wants your number" Abdin says with a lopsided grin and Sukaina smirks.

"Don't give him" I reply with an attitude and they both burst into laughter and I followed them "fine you know you can give him"

With that said, he took my number and sent it to Tariq and gave me Tariq's number as well.

•••

Should I call him or should I not ? If I call him he might think I'm still thinking about him and no I don't want that but as per usual, my ego never wins against my heart.