8.

•SUKAINA's POV•

"Abdin can you imagine it ? Even Tariq forgot my birthday ! I'm his only sister for God's sake." I whine as Abdin is driving us home.

Actually he took me out. We went to an ice-cream parlor which is about 10km away from home, I did tell him that there's one not far but he refused saying he wants something new and I just followed him. Besides, everyone forgot about my birthday so, I only had him.

"Don't be mad at him Susu, I'm sure he can explain" he says and I just huff, not bothering to add anything because I'm too mad at my sad excuse of a brother, my father and my mother. Those two human beings who gave me birth.

After some minutes, we reach home and I start thinking of a way to make them pay for forgetting me. I open the door and step out of the car as I see Abdin handing his car key to the driver who'll drive it to the parking lot.

"Hey chill, you won't kill them, will you ?" Abdin takes my hand in his to calm me down.

It's okay I'm fine, it's no big deal.

"I'm fine" I mutter and he nods.

Abdin opens the door for us and I see everywhere is dark. They must've all gone out I guess. But, why will it be dark ? It's 4 p.m only !

I'm sure something is up "Abdin what's going on?" I turn to face him but he just shrugs.

"Let's go to the living room" he says and I refuse telling him I'm too tired, I need to sleep. "Come on" he insists and I give in.

Im smelling food. Yes food ! And roses, red roses I'm sure.

"Abdin why this smell ?" I turn to him again only to see him with red roses in his hands. He's just so sweet ! I want to eat this boy till I feel the satisfaction of it. "Abdin you didn't have to" I say then tears start falling before he takes me in a big hug.

I feel little hands touching my leg then turn away from Abdin to see Suhail, well dressed, cute and charming. What the hell is going on ? I ask to myself.

"Aunt Sukaina, will you be my date for today ?" He asks all sweetly and I can't help but accept his proposal.

"But where are the others ?" I ask and all he does is pulling me to an unknown destination. What can I do ? Follow my date obviously.

As we reach our destination, he opens the door then asks me to turn on the light but before doing that, I ask him what we are doing here and he insists on that I should turn on the light first. I do as I was told and right after it's on, I see confettis all over me and in the air. I gasp at what I see, tears threatening to come and I just let them.

I see everyone here singing the birthday song for me, coming to me and I just stand here, not able to utter any word, not even able to move. This is the best surprise I've ever had. I love my family and I'm sincerely grateful for having them.

My mum pulls me in a big teddy hug followed by my dad, Tariq and then everyone else.

Yep, words still didn't come out of my mouth.

"Habibti say something" but nothing could come. I'm just so happy !

I tried gathering the courage to say something and I'm about to succeed but right before saying anything, I see Abdin making his way to me. Did I forget him back there ? Sadly yes.

He comes to me with a wide smile on his face and then hugs me tightly, I hug back with so much love.

"Happy birthday Susu" he whispers to me and I mutter a "thank you".