20.

New Sensation

•NAJMA's POV•

I lazily wake up before anyone is astir because today I want to make breakfast for all of us.

Earlier in the morning, Ismael woke me up for Fajr namaz and I hesitantly told him I'm on my period. At first I wanted to wake up, go to bathroom then pretend that I've prayed when he comes back since he was to pray in the prayer room but my husband thought it'll be good if I pray behind him. Of course it is a very good idea but that ruined my plan so I just had to tell him I'm not praying. Duh !

I go to the kitchen, open the fridge and see nothing but emptiness. Didn't Ismael say his aunt went grocery shopping for us ? There's absolutely nothing in this kitchen that could serve as food but at least, there's water, water that I'm sure is not potable. Nice.

I hear a female voice uttering my name then turn to see a yawning Leila clad in white pyjamas without her hijab on.

"Why're you up so early ?" She asks

"I could ask you the same question"

"I want to make breakfast" she replies, making her way to the fridge and sighs when she sees it all empty. I could've told her but I just wanted to see her reaction.

"Uhm Leila did you forget that Ismael is also in this house ?" I ask and she gives me a question look "I mean, where's your hijab ?"

"Uh oh, let me go get it" she rushes upstairs and I follow her to go back to sleep. If there's no food then sleeping will help.

I slowly open the door, careful not to wake Ismael up and leave the door ajar in order not to make noise.
I creep to the bed, jump in it then I see Ismael trying to open his eyes. Well, maybe I shouldn't have jumped.

"Hey beautiful" he mutters after he has successfully opened his cyan eyes and my eyes go on his lips. Those lips that I've craved for back in high school.

Najma don't think such !

"Good morning Ismael, how did you sleep ?"

"Not the way I wanted but Alhamdoulillah all good, what about you ?"

"Good Alhamdoulillah" very good I could say but I'm not going to tell him that I dreamt that I married Tariq instead of him.

Oh Lord, please help me forget about Tariq and concentrate on my husband.

"By the way I'm afraid your aunt didn't grocery shop for us" I add. 

"What ? Why ?" I shrug. How will I know ? It's your aunt not mine "alright I'll call her after showering" he gets up to probably go to the bathroom but stops midway to the door "Did you shower yet ?"

"Nope"

"You can go before me if you want to"

"No it's fine, you can go"

"Or I can use another bathroom"

"Ismael shut up and go shower" I stand up from bed and push him to the bathroom then go knock at Leila's door.

"Come in" I hear her say.

"As Salam Aleykum" I say and they reply in unison with 'Wa Aleykum Salam'

"How did you sleep in-law ?"

"Good I guess, what about you ?" I ask back, smiling.

"Very bad. That woman over there," he points Leila "made me sleep on the couch and before that, I had to go fetch unripe mangoes for her" he pretends to be crying and I laugh. Oh poor Youssouf, I feel him.