4 .

Unedited

Vote and comment your thoughts please! :)
__________________________

•NAJMA's POV•

Everyone except for Tariq, Sukaina and Mr. Al-Fayeed is here sitting around the nicely set table full of Egyptian cuisine. I'm sitting in between Leila and Didja while mum is sitting next to Mrs. Shaima in front of me and Zouhair by Didja's right. Suhail and Suhaila are having their own little cute table besides ours.

Right when I'm about to serve myself, I see Sukaina and Tariq coming to eat with us. Great ! I won't be comfortable now that he's here. I abandon serving myself and rather take my cup of tea and—

"Tariq, did you introduce yourself to Najma yet ?" Mrs. Shaima asks.

"Who is Najma ?"

Upon hearing my name come out of his mouth, I swallowed the rest of my tea in a gulp before choking and suddenly all attention is on me. (Something I didn't want)

"Are you okay habibty ?" Questions Mrs. Shaima, concern showing all over her face and I nod before excusing myself from the table.

"Leila please come with me" I ask my sister who is sitting by my left and she chuckles as she understood the reason why I want to leave the table.

She followed me without questioning till we reached my room.

"Will you be running away from him till we leave this house ? Just talk to him Naj, he won't kill you" she says as we both sit on the loveseat and I just shrug, not knowing what to do. "I'll bring your lunch here okay ? Just stay" With that said, she makes her way out of the room.

Honestly, I have no idea why this Tariq guy is having this effect on me whereas we never said one word to each other.

In the course of waiting for my lunch, I take my phone from the nightstand and start playing SIMS 4. I enjoy the game and well, that's the only one I play so I have no other option.

Three knocks at the door draw my attention away from the game as I say "come in" but the person doesn't open the door immediately and I felt a wee bit impatient.

I went to the door to open but right before I put my hand, the door opens and I see a smiling Tariq.

"My mum said I should be the one to bring your lunch since Leila is eating" he says and I open the door wider for him.

He puts the tray of food on the table and I thank him but right before leaving he, asks "So you are Najma ?"

"Yes I am, and you must be Tariq"

"I am" he smiles and then leaves.

I need to talk to him otherwise I will never be comfortable around him and I will live here for a long time.

Talk to him now or never Najma ! My inner self says.

I rush to the door, open it and call him. He turns his back and faces me "Yes Najma ?"

"Please can you eat with me ?" I ask, looking at my feet and he chuckles.

"Yeah sure, do you want to eat in your room or somewhere else ?"