Chapter 26

LEYLA

"W-what?"

"Summer, don't play dumb. It's right here, in the book. You are apart of this legend and you know it."

"I swear, I don't know what your talking about!"

"Sigh." I hop onto Summer and gesture for her to fly. Saving me a lot of trouble, she obeys.

"Take us to the nearest sea stack."

The sea stack we fly to isn't too far away. Far enough that they wouldn't hear us talking, but close enough to yell to them.
When we arrive at the sea stack, away from the others, I hop off and stand on the other end.

"Summer. I've been with you since I was infant. You can trust me!" I say stamping my foot. "Just tell me what part you have in this prophecy. Our journey's almost over. We can help you fulfill your part!"

"I know you're trying to help me, but I seriously don't know what you talking about!"

"I mean well, Summer. Tell me. I'll always be there for you. You can trust me! I won't tell anyone!"

"How many times do I have to tell you Ley. I don't know-"

"Don't 'Ley' me! This is important Summer! Tell me what you need to do!"

"I'm sorry Leyla, but you're not making any sense!"

"COME ON SUMMER! IT MAKES IT VERY CLEAR RIGHT IN MY DIARY THAT YOU ARE APART OF THIS!"

"I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!"

There's a shrill silence between us that I've never experienced with her before. She's my best friend! Why can't she just trust me?

"Fine. If you won't tell me the truth, I'll find the lies first." I sprint to the other end of the sea stack.

"Winger! Winger! WINGER! WINGER"

*******
WINGER

"Man this fish is good!" I saw taking another from the pile. "Where did you
guys get it?"

"The ocean. Duh!" Cutter remarks taking a bit of his fish.

"I know it's from the ocean smart one. I mean, where?"

"Any ocean. Duh!"

I'm beginning to wonder why I missed him in the first place.
I roll my eyes and face the glass sea stack.
"I wonder where that came from."

"The earth. Duh!"

"Cutter, will you shut up!?!" Aggro roars.

"Sorry Aggro. I don't do 'shut up'."

"DON'T MAKE ME BLAST YOU-"

"Hey guys..." Crystal remarks. "Do you...hear something?"

"No- actually, now that you mention it..I do hear something! It's saying Winger! Winger!" Burple replies. "Winger! You are the chosen one! The ocean is calling you! You must save us all an-"

"Actually Burps, it's Leyla, and she's jumping like a weirdo." Dak says pointing towards a sea stack. "Wing, Leyla is calling you"

"Oh. Guess I'll go then! See ya!"

I lift off into the sky, steadily flapping my wings. The sea stack isn't far and my wing recovered pretty quickly so there shouldn't be an issue. I think to myself.

When I reach the sea stack, Leyla moves back, giving me space to land. She's on one side of the sea stack, and
Summer's on the other.

Something in the atmosphere feels familiar though.

Oh wait. I know what it is. The tension between these two.

You know, sometimes I ask myself, why me?

Why do I have to deal with tension?!?

Why do I have to put up with Cutter?!

Why do I have to do crazy stunts with
Dak?!

Why do I have to lose to Crystal!?!

Then I remember what my mom always told me: "Suck it up!"

So I do. Every day, and now is another time when I have to suck it up.

"Leyla, what's up?"

"I need your lie-detecting-ness to see if she lying."

".....okay."

"Summer, do you have anything to do with this legend?"

"No." She responds shaking her head and smiling.

My eyes light up.

"She's ly...What!?!" Suddenly, my glow shut off.

"See Ley? I told you!"

".....But the book...Somethings not right. Maybe you're from a different legend? Or maybe a prophecy?"

"Oooo! A prophecy?"

Leyla opens her pouch and takes out her diary. She flips open to the page that had Summer's symbol on it.

"Aaah!!!" Leyla screams.

"What's wrong?!"

"T-the symbol...it moved pages!"

Sorry for the late chapter! Every time I tried to publish it, I was disturbed. I hope you enjoyed!

P.S.

Need a community ONLY for girls? Come check out stronggirlsclub!

Stay healthy, stay sweet, and...

Ciao!