Chapter 16

I'm going to rephrase what I said in the last chapter. I will be taking a break after I finish this book. Also, to clear something up (and so you guys don't hate me for taking a break😌), I'm taking a break because of school and to brainstorm more ideas for my inspector gadget fanfic. By the way, if new chapters of this book take longer than a week to come out, than I probably have extra homework, or a test coming that I have to study for. You can watch the series while I take a break so you understand the story. One more thing, MAKE SURE WHEN YOU ARE TYPING INSPECTOR GADGET, YOU ADD 2.0 ( basically, type in inspector gadget 2.0 ), or else you'll get the old version. Watch all four seasons or else you will be very confused. You can find it on demand, on YouTube, or on Netflix
(if they still have it on netflix).
Anyways, enjoy!

The dragon was pretty powerful. It was, like, two times the size of Winger, and it had a spark of danger in its eyes, which were looking dead at them. Before anyone could do anything, Crystal somehow shape- shifted into some delicious looking mackerel.

Her eyes were drawn away from the dragons and to the "mackerel". The mackerel started flopping towards the
Clear, deep pond about a yard away from them. As the mackerel flopped, the dragon followed. When they got to the pond, the mackerel flopped inside the water and so did the dragon. She shape- shifted back into her regular dragon form, and drowned the dragon in the water.

When she got back, everyone stared at her in shock and amazement. Well, everyone but Layla.

"How. Did. You. Do. That?!" Aggro yelled while walking up to her.

While everyone showered her with questions and praise,
Layla was just squinting.
Dak glanced at her with a puzzled face.

"Uh...Ley? You okay?" He asked.

"Weird. Earlier on before the attack, I asked her what her special powers were. She never once mentioned shape shifting."

They both stared at her for a.l while. "Something's not right.." Dak replied slightly scrunching his eyebrows.
"We'll talk later when they're all asleep."
Suddenly, Cutter blasted fire to get everyone's attention.
"Okay everyone the light moved again its in the air. Let's get going!"

When everyone had a quick drink of water, they went off again.
They soared over the beautiful, calm, tree filled terrain matched the bright blue sky. It was so so peaceful and quiet that the chit-chat of the group was probably the only thing keeping them from hearing their hearts beat.

<<>>

Summer and Winger were flying in the back enjoying the scenery.

"Umm, Summer?" Winger said in a slightly shaky voice.

"What do you want?" she replied with a grumble.

"Sheesh. Talk about role reversal." He thought. "I'm really, really, really, sorry for being a jerk a earlier." By now, he was staring at the clouds, blinking back tears. Yeah, he was stubborn, but he was also very remorseful.

"I'm sure you a-" she was going to finish with 'are', but she turned her head. Seeing how sorry he was, she just couldn't reject his apology.

She stopped and turned around completely. Choosing her words carefully, she said,
"But, why would you think I would be rude to you again? I made a promise. I don't break my promises."

"I-I'm sorry." He replied. "But it looked just like you..."

"What do you mean?"

"It was like a literal clone of you."

There was a short pause and Summer was deep in thought.

"I am getting to the bottom of this. We'll discuss this later. Besides, the others are waiting for us." Summer said as she motioned towards the others, who were far ahead of them.

"You're right, let's go."