Chapter 22

Ughhhhhhhhhh.

Summer made a suggestion today that literally drips with revenge.

She knows that I like Aggro.
She knows that I absolutely HATE being alone with her, and yet, she makes me spend a day with her. All because I want her breakfast. Sigh.

Okay Cutter. Maybe this isn't as bad as you think! Let's see;

Pros: a day with Aggro!

Cons: I think she hates me.

Pros: Technically, I'm not alone with her!

Cons: I think she hates me.

Pros: A day without those love bir- uhh.... I mean dragons. Romance is barf.

Cons: I think she hates me.

Pros: Who am I kidding? There are no pros to this.

Cons: I think she hates me.

That's it. There are more Cons than Pros so according to my calculations, this is going to be a nightmare.

"CUTTER!!!" I almost jumped out of my scales. Aggro, the dragon I was trying to avoid, was here calling me.

"Yesss!?!"

"I called you so many times! You know we almost reached the light, right?"

"No- ummm, I mean yeah."

"You do know that-"

"-the light isn't some distant aura. It has checkpoints, so if you reach it, it will reappear farther away, thus indicating you to follow it. Yes Aggro. I did notice."

There was almost an awkward silence, but I just turned my head to avoid that.
Leyla, the smartalic of the group, clearly pointed that out, near the beginning of our journey when we first saw 'the light'. That's why we stop at specific caves. Bet you didn't know that.

"Cutter, why are you do deep in thought?" Aggro asked. She slowed down her flying to be at my level.

"Just thinking about 'The light". We seriously have to come up with a better name for that thing."

What came next was unheard of.

She actually laughed at my joke.

Aggro the firefury, laughed at my joke.

Wait! Did she get possessed?!?! Ohnonononono. Was it my fault? The last time she ever laughed at my joke was when we first met. That was a YEAR ago. There was definently something wrong here.

Out my shock, I accidently stopped flying, but so did Burple. Dak was riding on me before, but he's on Burple now.
"Aggro did you just...." Burple responded. At least he was able to say something. My throat on the other hand, didn't want to cooperate.

"Hey Burple, what's the hold up?" The twins questioned.
Please Burple.
Choose your answer wisely because if you don't, this will be the end of me.

"Ohh, umm I was just...uhh...Looking at the view! Yeah! It's wonderful, right?"
He gestured towards the azure sky and deep sea. The clouds were looked softer than wool, and the sea stacks like tiny pawns on a big chess board. Nothing's ever ugly when you're up in the sky.

"You're right Burps! It's really pretty! Now, could you please continue flying?"

"Sure!"

We were almost at the checkpoint. Finally, some rest from flying. You'd think it's awesome till you do it for hours. I almost broke my wings three months ago from flying this much, and it was to find Dak's shoe. Yuck. I still get shudders from the thought every day.

We almost reached the checkpoint and Leyla suggested for us to take a break. Obviously, we agreed and rested on a small island near our destination. It had everything from berries, fish and plenty of fruits, to ponds, sunlight, and lush grass. That is definitely my kind of island.
I was about to doze off in a green pasture when a CERTAIN someone started making CERTAIN jokes about CERTAIN people.

Man this is hard. One wrong move, and my pride: Poof!
I hope Winger's holding up better than I am.

Stay healthy, stay sweet, and...

Ciao!