Chapter Four

Nicole's POV

"He's after me. I'm running through a heavily densed forest, with the nature I adore being obstacles in my path. I heard his wicked laughter through the forest. "You're mine, Nicole. No one can have you expect me. I'd be the end of you." The words kept echoing severally in the lonely forest. He's getting closer and closer. He grabbed me."

I screamed and woke up from the nightmare. Clara came running to my room and joined me on my bed. She hugged me, telling me it's just a nightmare. I hope it doesn't come into reality. It's still midnight, I felt lonely as Clara left. I couldn't sleep, I just laid in bed, staring at the ceiling.

Frustrated, I left my bed for the window and peeped out, and then stepped out onto the balcony, watching Nathan's house. When I remember our last encounter, I smile. He's a one cool handsome Greek God. Tho I'm a bit skeptic, I'm beginning to like him. I let out a breath and let our earlier encounter comfort me. 

Since I couldn't sleep, I decided to continue crocheting a top I started a while ago. After a few rows and checking how it would look like in me, I decided to try going back to sleep. I went back to bed, and after several hours, trying to get that nightmare out of my mind, I fell asleep.

Nathan's POV

I woke up after a few hours. Nothing really, I just wake up for no apparent reason. I moved about in the room, deciding on going back to sleep or just get something to do.

I caught a glimpse of Nicole on her balcony, I wonder why she's up at this time. I watched her stand there, lost in her thoughts. I had to resist myself from texting her, I might appear creepy to her. I watched her till she left and went back inside.

I went back to bed, and thought of whether to ask her out tomorrow or not. I don't even know what I'd want to do. I don't know how I'd be without her. I decided to watch a movie since I wasn't sleepy at the moment. I kept zoning out during the 2 hour movie. I shut the laptop down and placed it on the dresser beside my bed.

I checked on Collins and Zac, and I realized they were online.

"Do you guys sleep at all?" I texted them.

"Naah, sleep is for the weak." Collins replied.

"I do sleep, just that I'm not sleepy at the moment." Zac answered.
"I don't know if Collins is a vampire or wants to be one." he continued.

"Why are you up though?" Collins asked.

"Nothing. I'm planning on going back to sleep." I replied.

"If you said so, I'd follow right after." Zac said. I closed the app and placed the phone somewhere. I drifted off, with Nicole in mind and a smile.

Nicole's POV

Little sun rays were peeping through the spaces between the curtains. I woke up later, feeling kinda weird. I have this dull ache and I don't know if it is related to how today would go. I shook the feeling off, and then dragged myself to the bathroom to freshen up. After doing the usual routine, I  went downstairs to meet my best friend setting the table. We had breakfast whilst she told me she'd be going out with her boyfriend, Dan, after our meal. I was scared to be left alone, but Clara comforted me.

"Since he's gone, nothing is going to happen. He'd never come back to you. I doubt he even has you in mind." she said.

"I don't really know, Clara, but I've got this weird feeling when I woke up. But just don't worry about me. I'd be fine. I don't want to be the reason you'd cancel your date.", I said, hoping she won't change her mind.

"Are you sure?" she asked. I nodded.

"You know Dan would understand." she said.

"Just go and chill, girl. I don't want to be spoiling the fun, you know." I said, laughing.

"I sometimes don't understand you. You always try to hide how you feel to me. You always do things like you're alone in this world. Am I a potato to you?" she asked.

" No, Clara, it's not how you see it. It's just pretty hard for me, you know." I said.

"Okay, you should just relax." she said. I nodded and smiled.

Few minutes later, Dan came to pick her up. She hugged me before leaving.

" Stay safe dear. Call me in case of any emergency." she said.

"Yeah right. Don't worry, I'd be fine." I said.

I don't want to drag Clara into my lonely and loveless life. I sometimes wonder if relationship has an exception for me. I sighed and made sure I locked the door before heading to my room. Halfway on the stairs, the doorbell rung. I went back and unlocked the door.

"Did you forget something." I said, thinking it was Clara, but boy was I wrong. I should have checked who it was before unlocking the door. I was pushed against the wall and trapped between the arms of a very drunk Kenneth.

"Baby Nic" he slurred.

I hate the pet name I used to love.

"Let go of me." I said, struggling to push him away, but to no avail. He just wouldn't budge.

"I know you want me to hold you forever in my arms." he continued to slur.

"What do you even want?" I asked, getting a bit scared.

"I missed my baby, and I want her back." he slurred.

I scoffed, irritated at what he said, he wanting me back. Does he think I'm just an object where you can take it when you want it and dump it when you're tired. Everything I was loved was gone, his touch I used to go crazy over had me disgusted. 

"Let me go. I don't want you near me." I continued to struggle.

"What if I don't want to?" he asked, forcing himself on me.

"Then you'd have to face me." I heard his voice...