Chapter Twenty-Seven

Unknown persons POV

I’m seriously running out of options. It's like any little time I waste is drawing me further from getting him all for myself. I don’t know what Kenneth has in mind, and I want to see if there’s any loophole I can frame him, I should just kill her when I lay my hands on her. I can't really process anything right now. He has decided to ignore me to go get the one his heart yearns for, and it wasn’t me. How dare he take advantage of me? I’m so frustrated right now.

“You should come down.” one of the men who work undercover for me suggested, but I guess there are walls in my ears.  “If you rush to get things started, all you have worked hard for would come crashing down.” he continued.

I let out a breath I was holding. i nodded, he was right. I hope he does something about it, and stop keeping me in suspense.

Kenneth’s POV

At this point, I'm fed up of waiting for any more signs. I don’t care what they think. I'm going for Nicole. I can't stay calm while I have the means to take her away by force. I've got everything planned out, now I begin my game of who survives. I drove to her hood, with my men on stand by. I don’t know if Nathan is around, but I hope he's not. And I also hope he left my Nicole at home, alone. I saw him coming back with his friends, well I should have come earlier. With or without him, I'm still taking her away. I gave a few men the go ahead to start what we’ve planned. They broke in, gunshots could be heard from within. The whole neighbourhood was thrown into chaos. I can see some men in black confronting my men. I wasn’t expecting him to give her protection at all, but I’m so determined to get her and leave the place or the country if we can slip away easily. There was a lot of casualties, but if my men fail, I'll go in myself and get her myself.

“Sir, he has been shot and his friends have been left unconscious. The other ladies where nowhere to be found, but we’re coming down with the target.” Carl said.

"Excellent.” I said, waiting for them to appear.
The fight was still ongoing, and Carl and one guy came to the car with Nicole, unconscious. We soon heard siren of police cars and ambulance.

“Fuck.” I heard Carl saying before getting in.

We drove off quickly, with the fight being a good distraction. I hope Nathan dies from the gunshots. He won't be a threat to me anymore with him gone. I wish I was the one to pump the bullets into his body. I’m not strong enough to stand against Nathan, and he could beat me in any fight possible.

So I decided to play smart by not being there myself. I thought of how Nicole would feel if she learns I’ve killed her so called love of her life. She will know there’s no one who will save her. I laughed, driving away to my safe house. Shes going to be the second Disney princess locked up, away from the world.

Clara’s POV

It’s was a bright sunny day and it's just us ladies for now. Everyone was there lazying about, since we didn’t sleep early yesterday. Nicole didn’t get any rest either, she kept getting nightmares. She's still sleeping peacefully for now, we were all there to calm her. The guys had left for work, they had a meeting to attend to.  They said they’ll be back soon, which I hope so. I'm beginning to have this bad feeling, just like how nicole was feeling throughout the night.  It was a little past noon when the Nathan and his squad came in.

“Finally.” I let out a breath I didn’t realized I was holding.

“Why, what's wrong?” Nathan asked.

“I just don’t know. I'm beginning to feel paranoid, just as….” but I didn’t get to finish my statement as we heard gunshots.

“Quick…you guys should run to safety.” Nathan said, the others running about to get the guns ready for whoever decided to disrupt the peaceful neighbourhood. Maud, Irene and I ran upstairs to get Nicole, but we were too late as we came face to face with one man with a mask on, in front of her room, pointing a gun at me.

“I don’t mind shooting you, but for my personal reasons I don’t touch ladies who are not my target.” he said.

“Just hide and stay quiet, and don’t tell anyone anything you’ve seen, because I won’t have any trouble locating you.” he continued.

He pointed to my room, and told us to get in. We heard him turn the key in, locking us inside. All we could hear was running and gunshots. Luckly, I had my phone with me, I quickly called Dan, telling him to get backup and hurry here. I hope all this is a nightmare, and everything will go back to normal. We heard the siren and I hope everyone is okay.

The place was quiet save for the sound of the siren. We didn’t move, because we don’t know whether it was safe or not. There was a knock on the door, startling us. We were still quiet, as we were not sure if it was the masked guy coming back to harm us. The door was broken down with cops coming in.

“Are you okay?’ the officer asked.

“Yeah” I answered, since Irene and Maud were terrified.  Walking outside with police escort outside. 

“Dan” I said, hugging him. “How are you girls coping?” he asked.
“We’re still scared.” Irene responded.

“It's not safe here, we're going to the hospital first, then we’ll head to my side.” Dan said.

“Where’s Nicole?” I asked  him.

“I'm so sorry. We didn’t get here in time to catch them. But we’re trying hard.” he replied.

The last thing I heard was get the medic, before everything went dark.