Chapter Twenty-Two

Nathan's POV

It's been a whole week, and she's still unconscious. It has been hell for me. I was in pain and my heart ached, scared that I might lose her. Clara gained consciousness later that day. She was drugged, with whoever came after Nicole covered her mouth and nose with a cloth laced with the drug. She wasn't harmed, since she wasn't the target. She was only an obstacle in the path.

I didn't leave Nicole's side, I didn't want to be absent in case she needed me. I kept thinking about all the time we spent, the fun, the conversation, and the time I held her close to me. My guys and the others tried to convince me to at least rest and eat, but it only pushed me to think I'm leaving her on her own.

The only thing I took throughout the week was water, and I haven't slept the entire time. It's like I've completely zoned out and blocked everything happening around me. I felt a hand on my arm, and I realized it was Clara.

"You should stop hurting yourself." she said.

"I can't..." I started but she cut me off.

"Think about Nicole. I doubt she'd like to wake up and see you in this state. She expecting to wake up to a handsome greek god, and seeing your wrecked and hurting yourself. You'd put her in a state of worry." she continued.

She had a point.

"Don't worry, I'd be here with Dan and Collins. Besides, there's double security everywhere. You'd go home with Zac to do the necessary things, shower, eat and rest." she added.

"But..."

"Please." she said, her eyes searching mine, telling me to do as she has suggested.

"Okay." I said, getting up.

I walked out, following Zac after we had a few word. We arrived home after some several minutes.

"You should take a shower whilst I get the food ready." Zac said.

I nodded, heading upstairs to my room. Everything was still at the exact same  spot it was a week ago. I discarded my clothes, and stepped in the shower. The memories, and I had to break down. I was still in the shower and I decided  to be strong.

"Are you going to come out or I need to drag you out of there?" Zac asked.

"Naah, I'd be out in five." I said.

I quickly showered and dressed casually, before heading downstairs. I stared at the food not because I don't trust Zac's cooking, but because it would have been great if Nicole was around.

"I know what's going through your mind." Zac said. "And I doubt Nicole would be happy if she knew you're be in this state." he continued.

"I feel so empty without her." I said.

"The doctors are working hard. She'd be fine." he said.

I nodded, picking up the fork and eating slowly.

"Can we go back to hospital?" I asked after meal.

"You need rest." he said, washing the plate and drying it.
"I doubt I'd be able to rest." I said.

"Are you sure you'd be okay?" he asked, concerned.

"Yeah, I would." I said.

"You're being stubborn." he said.

"Yeah, I know." I said, chuckling.

"You're coming back to your usual self. Let's bounce." he said.

We left, heading back to the hospital. During the drive back, I felt lively and everything was alright. We walked in her room and the others looked tired.

"You guys should go rest. Zac and I would be here." I said.

"But..." Clara started, but I shook my head.

"You need rest more than I do. Please." I said.

"Okay." she said.

She left with Dan and Collins.

"Who do you think you be behind it." I asked out of the blue.

"I have no idea, but I think there is more than one person involved." he said.

"I thought as much." I said, holding her hand, rubbing it slightly.

"The person involved knows both Kenneth and Nicole, and I have a feeling there's more to why he wants her back so badly." I continued.

"I figured that too. Do you think we should keep a tab on him and some of the people he's with." he asked.

"I think you should. And..." but I was cut short when I felt her move her hand.

Zac realized it, and then alerted the doctor.

"Nathan" she whispered as the doctor got closer.

"Yes baby. I right here." I whispered back, not wanting to scare her.

She squeezed my hand in hers, before her eyes flutter open, blinking a couple of times to adjust to the light. The doctor checked her vitals, whilst we waited across the room.  Zac's phone rung, and he excused himself to answer it.

"It's from Eric, he said they have found new clues and they are yet to find who it leads to. The previous clues they had doesn't point to anyone." Zac said.

"Oohk, we'd get to the bottom of this." I said.

The doctor approached us. "She's recovering well. She would be discharged in an hour." the doctor said.

We thanked her before she left. Zac called the others to inform them, making Collins increase security around the house.

"How are you feeling, dear? I asked her, rubbing the back of her hand.

"I'm fine, just a little sore and tired." she answered.

"I'm happy you're okay." she continued.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you, ever again." I said, planting a kiss on her cheek.

"How long have I been out?" she asked.

"About a week.' I answered.

"I hope nothing happened to Clara?" she asked.

"She's was found unconscious on the other side. But she's fine." I replied.

"It's all my fault." she said, a sob escaping her lips.

"Ssh... it's no fault of yours, just forget about it." I consoled her, rubbing her back in a soothing manner.

The doctor came in a few minutes later, and doing the necessary things, discharged her. I carried her to the car, with Zac leading us with her prescription. After we got in we drove off, Zac taking his time behind the wheel.