Chapter Twenty-One

Nathan's POV

I woke up earlier in the morning, feeling refreshed. Nicole was still sleeping, so I carefully get out off bed and headed for the shower. I felt the bathroom door open, and I see her coming in. After taking care of her oral hygiene, she joined me in the shower.

"Good morning, baby. How was your night?" I asked, kissing her forehead.

"Good morning. I enjoyed my night." she replied.

"I'm glad you did." I said. We quickly showered, with me teasing her.

"I wouldn't want you to get late for work, I would have had you stop tempting me." she said, pecking me on my lips.

"Just kiss me already." I said, standing behind her with my hands on her waist.

"I'm sorry, but you'd have to manage until after work." she said, roaming about, wearing her dress in bits.

I groaned, getting dressed. I started it so I'd have to face the music. We descended downstairs, meeting Clara when we got there. My guys also came out, with Collins already looking tired before he gets to his office.

"I wish I had a clone." he said, making us laugh.

We filed out, going to our respective cars. I opened the door for Nicole, whilst Collins opened the back for Clara. We drove off, with my guys following right behind us. After a 30 minutes drive, we arrived at their studio. We alighted, with my guys getting the door for them.

"You don't really have to go through all these stress..." she began, but I hugged her.

"I'd miss you." I whispered to her.

"I'd miss you too. But the day would be over before you notice." she whispered back.

"Just take care and let me know in case of anything." I said.
"Okay." she said.

We left after they entered the building. We got to work and then went about our business. After a several hours of having meetings, and doing some paperwork. I decided to check up on her. She picked up immediately.

"Hello cupcake." I said.

"Hi sugarberry." she replied.

I laughed at the pet name she gave me.

"You really missed me." she continued.

"I can't help it." I answered back. "I'm getting a bit worried." I continued.

"You shouldn't be, I'm fine..."

And there's was a crash and a loud thud at the background.

"Nicole...?" I said, signaling to Zac to alert the guards.

I basically ran out of the building, with my guys following me and getting into the car. I didn't hang up, because I could still hear movements, with inaudible sounds at the background. I couldn't keep calm. I was glad there wasn't any traffic on the way back to her side.

The guards arrived as soon as we got there. The door was left opened. Eric walked in first with me following right behind him. I didn't care if whoever came around was still in there. All I wanted was to hold Nicole tight and assure her she'd be fine.
Broken glasses were shattered everywhere, with the floor stained with blood. I heart ached, hoping she's alright.

We followed the blood trails, and I stopped dead in my tracks. Her pretty white t-shirt was stained red with her blood. It looked like whoever came here wanted to take her along through the window, but aborted the plan when he realized we were around. The guards searched the premises immediately. I had to stay strong for her.

Collins found Clara unconscious in another room. I quickly got to her side and bent over her. Her left arm had been dislocated, with her right leg broken, and there where fresh marks on her chest and body. There was also a knife wound on her abdomen. She looked lifeless. Whoever did this did a lot of damage in short time. I picked her up slowly, not wanting to add more to pain to what she's been through.

"Nathan..." I heard her faintly, as we got into the car.

"Don't worry baby. I'm right here. Everything's going to be fine." I said, trying not to sound worried.

I had to stay strong for her, I kept reminding myself over and over again.

"You came..." her voice trailed off.

"Please stay with me." I whispered.

"I don't know how long I can. I feel too tired." she whispered back.

I kissed her forehead, " It's okay. Just rest. Everything would be fine." I said.

She was quiet for the rest of the drive, and I hoped she'd stay alive.

Nicole's POV

After Nathan left, we went straight to work. Getting everything I need for my painting. I started putting my mind to work. Time seems to fly by as the artwork starting coming out nice. I stopped, for rest when my for rung. Clara was with me but left when I answered the call.

"Hello cupcake." his deep voice filled my ears.

"Hi sugarberry." I replied, his laughter making me happy.

"You really missed me." I continued.

"I can't help it. I'm getting worried." he answered.

"You shouldn't be, I'm fine..." I started but I felt a sharp blow in my head, making me fall and my sight blurry.

I tried to push myself up, but I was forced back to the ground, with the intruder stepping on my right leg, breaking it. He kept torturing me and eventually stabbed me. I felt weak and I couldn't open my eyes. I felt beginning dragged to only God knows where and everything was quiet after some time.

I felt movements from the entrance and someone walking on the shattered glass. I felt his presence near me and I couldn't even move to hold him. I was carried and I felt air around me, before being gently placed in the car.

"Nathan..." I tried to speak but my voice came out as a whisper.

"I'm right here, baby." his voice laced with concern.

"You came..." My voice trailing off.

"Please stay with me." he whispered.

"I can't help it. I feel so tired." I whispered, slipping out of consciousness.

The last thing I heard was "just rest. Everything would be alright.", before everything went black.