Chapter Two

Nicole's POV

After 10 mins of walking, chatting and laughing, we arrived at the shop. There wasn't a lot of people in the shop, as most of them wanted to sit outside of it and enjoy the breeze. We sat down and ordered our preferred flavoured ice cream, with me taking the chocolate one and Clara taking the vanilla one.

"Mmmm, I really missed this." I said, after taking a spoonful of it.

"Yeah, and you were sitting in your room, worried about that imbecile who's probably enjoying his toys or drinking his life away." Clara said with a lot of hatred.

She seemed to  hate him more than I do for now.

"Yeah right. I should have listened to you when you saw the red flags, but I turned a deaf ear to you and blinded myself with what I thought love was." I said, not feeling any pity at all. I'm at fault, and I'm facing the outcome.

"I hope you're not blaming yourself for what happened?" she asked.

"I am. I'm thinking I'm at fault for not calling it quits after you suggested it." I said, scooping some ice cream into my mouth.

"But..." she started by I stopped her. " I'd be fine Clara." I said, smiling sadly.

She nodded. " I just hate it when you hide how you feel sometimes. I know you well enough to know everything, Nicole. But you know what? There are a lot of positive energy in you, you're talented and so gorgeous, you'd get a guy who's way better than him, and would love you no matter what. And I would also be there." she said.

"Thank you for everything." I said. She brightened up my mood and I'm more than happy to be with her.

We spoke about random stuffs ranging from  hairsyles, to dresses and other interested things.  After hours of eating and chatting, we decided to call it a day and head home.

We asked for our bill and the waiter brought a note, telling us a guy paid for it and is waiting outside. The words, "You're beautiful." was scribbled on the note.

"I know you're hesitating, but just give it a try. Even if anything happens, I'd always be there for you." Clara said. "And it could be our anonymous admirer is here to reveal himself " she continued.

I'm just scared, I don't know if I'd be able to..." I said.

" Look Nicole. I bet he'd be way better than Kenneth. Just relax, okay?" she said. I nodded, letting out breath I didn't know I was holding.

We walked out and I couldn't believe what I've seen. There leaning on a black sports car, was a handsome guy I've ever set my eyes on. He looked more of men in black, as he was dressed in black. I became nervous, and Clara decided to break the silence.

"Hello" she said.  He raised his head and smiled. He had a perfect set of white teeth.

"I'm Nathan", he said, shaking hands with Clara.

"I'm Clara and this is my friend, Nicole." she said. He took my hand and pecked it.

"Nice meeting you, Beautiful." he said, staring at me. "Nice meeting you too." I said, blushing.

"Would you mind if I take you home?" he asked.

We turned it down but he insisted so we later agreed. He unlocked his car and we all went in, then drove off. 

After a few minutes drive, with Clara and I singing along the music been played on the radio, we got to our hood. We realized we stay just across each other.  We alighted, and then exchanged contacts. We decided to sit on the pavement in front of his driveway and have a little chat.

He told us he's a network engineer and owns one of the most hyped and high rated network company in the state. 

"Wow, you didn't look like someone who owns a company." Clara said.

" Yeah, I try as much as possible to remain hidden, stay out of camera and the public sight. I pretty much like to live simple with no millionaire vibe, if you get what I mean." he said.

"Yeah." We said in unison and then laughed.

I haven't spoken much, other than what he wanted to know about me and how Clara and I met and became this close. We decided to call it a night and head to our side. Nathan walked us to our front door. We thanked him for the ride. He winked at us and then left.

"See, I told you it would be cool." she said.  I smiled then replied,

" I'm still sceptic about going into a relationship again."

"Just take your time. Everything would be alright at the end, Beautiful." she winked and ran inside. I think I'd sell this child.

As soon as we got inside our house, Clara reminded me of the letters from earlier. We decided to get to it.

"Clara, I don't think a secret admirer would send creepy notes and messages." I said, terrified at what the anonymous person had sent. Clara was as shocked as I am. One letter stated that if I love my life, I should leave Kenneth alone or face the consequences of that.

" Well, as much as I know, that loser left behind a long time ago, and you're getting over him. So who could it be threaten you?", she asked.

" I have no answer to that." I honestly answered. "I didn't know someone wanted Kenneth so bad to the extend of wanting to hurt me." I continued. We checked when the letters were dated and realized it was a few months before he broke up with, which was like about four months ago.

"I think the person has got what she wants now that it's been long you guys were together, but we'd be on the look out in case of anything fishy." She said.

I nodded and relaxed. I just hoped for the best. It's a little past 10 pm, so we went off to our rooms to freshen up and then prepare for bed. After doing the usual bedtime routine, I just laid in my bed. I hope the person is now happy with him and would leave me alone to have my peace of mind. I drifted off to sleep.