Chapter Twenty Nine

Chapter twenty nine

Zac's POV

Now that everything is partially back to normal, we need to plan on how to get to the bottom of this entangled mess. It's a duty we all have decided to take upon ourselves, Nathan and Nicole excluded, because they need to fully recover. We're sitting together as usual, instead I'm the one doing the overthinking over here.

"Okay, expert solver." Maud pulled me out of my trance. Everyone's staring at me.

"We'll, I guess I was thinking out loud."

"Good you know." Collins replied. "So this is what we're going to do." he continued. "Since Kenneth thinks Nathan is dead. He'll come around and cause havoc on the funeral day. So we'll have the police and our men on standby, dressed as normal guests attending a funeral." Collins suggested.

"That's great."

"Yeah, so all we have to do is alert the police, and start planning a funeral." Collins added.

"Okay, so Nathan needs to stay out of the public eye for a few days?" Nicole asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

"I think I'm gonna hate this." Nathan said, rolling his eyes.

"For our own good" Nicole nudged him.

"I think I'll manage it." he said, burying his crook in Nicole's neck.

"What will I do?" Nicole asked.

"We'll figure out roles along the line." I said.

"So now all we have to do is stay out of the public eye for a while, relax and chill, then start work as soon as possible." Collins said, looking already excited about sitting at home.

Now that everything has been sorted out, I can relax a bit. You don't know what's going to hit you, Kenneth. I thought.

Kenneth's POV

I up to Bella wrapping a bandage around my head.

"What happened?"

"We were attacked. Nicole has been taken."

"Fuck...." I shouted, but hissed down in pain. I'm not going to let this side without a fight.

"We have to lie low for now. They might be on our trail, and you're not in the right state of health for any fight."

"How many men have I lost?"

"A lot. I can't give the exact number. We're in one of your safe house with a few men who escaped the attack."

"Okay, that's fine. We'll keep an eye on them whilst we figure out a plan." I said, lying back in bed. There might be a traitor among my men, but I don't know how I'm going to fish that person or. Everything was going well according to plan until the attack. Could it be there's another person out there having a love for Nicole like I do.

"Who do you think attacked us?"

"I can't really tell. I had to get help quickly and move you out of that place, before whoever attacked us vome get you."

"Okay." I might have failed this time round, but next time, I'll be the winner.

Unknown Person's POV

"That's actually a good step, right?" I asked the guy working for me.

"Yeah, so we need to follow Kenneth carefully to know his next move." came his reply.

If you ask me, I'm kinda content with what happened. Kenneth will think the attack was from Nathan, which is what I actually planned for. Too bad Nathan isn't alive to see how his lovely girlfriend will die. But no worries, she'll still die anyway, because Kenneth will still come for her if she's still alive. With that being said, let me go enjoy my partial victory and wait for Kenneth, the known villain for now, do all the work and prepare the place I can happily murder her.

Clara's POV

"You guys are kidding me. You don't expect me to stay couped up in the house and then lie in a coffin. Nathan said, looking like he should have punched Zac and Collins for suggesting that. Nicole was sleeping, her hair being stroked by Nathan. "But for the safety of Nicole, I'll do anything."

"So you mean, we'd die if it was us?" Collins asked.

"Come on, you know I would do anything to keep you guys safe."

"Yeah right." Collins rolled his eyes, making us laugh.

"Don't you think we also need to keep an eye on Bella? I have a feeling she can also be part of the people who want Nicole." I said, after analysing a few incidents.

"I think so too." Maud chirped.

"What makes you ladies think so?"

"Because she was with him when we were at the restaurant on our first get together and she was also there with him when their safe house was attacked." I concluded.

"But when we checked, we couldn't find anything on her, and she didn't meet anyone who looked like they were working together." Zac replied, already exhausted.

"I think I'll agree with Clara." Nathan, said. "She'd rather have it done by someone else while she's out doing random everyday activities that would make her look harmless." he added.

"Okay." Zac chirped in. "We'll make arrangements for two suspects on the funeral day."

"That will be great." I said. I have never liked her since the very day we met at the restaurant. From her little actions and reactions, it seemed she also wanted to get rid of Nicole. But what for? Nicole is no longer interested in Kenneth. She has a more loving and caring person in her life. I don't know what else there is for Bella to hate Nicole, aside having Kenneth's attention, which she doesn't even notice. Well, we'll see what happens during the funeral.

Kenneth's POV

"What are you thinking of?" Bella asked, pulling me out of my trance.

"It's nothing important. I'm just wondering how long I have to wait to get Nicole back." I answered. It will be easier getting her this time round. With Nathan's friends busy with the funeral plans and Clara will be with her fiance, Nicole will be left unattended to, then I can make my move. Turning on the TV and scanning through for a news channel. After settling on one, I watched the headlines for the day.

"Breaking news.

Business mogul and CEO of hypercity, Nathan, has been found dead in his home. Witnesses say he was attacked, where he was shot dead by masked men. Investigations is ongoing to find the suspects. A funeral will be held soon and it will be strictly by invitation."

"Such great sweet news." I said and laid back. I decided to keep the rest of my thoughts to myself. Walls have ears.