Chapter Twenty-Five

Nicole's POV

We decided to just get lunch, have a little stroll in the park and get back home, as Clara suggested I shouldn't be outside for long. Maybe it would make the enemies think they've got me, and it would be easier to find out who is behind it. I agreed with her since I've become paranoid and I'm having this weird feeling.

“Should we get security on stand by?” Collins asked.

“Yeah, I guess.” Clara answered.

“Okay, done. They only be around when things starts to look out of place.” Zac said, putting his phone back into his pocket.

I stayed close to Nathan, with Clara being shielded by Collins  and Zac between us. We got settled and ordered our food.

“I was planning on setting up a studio in the house for Clara and yourself.” Nathan said.

“We need to think further into this. The possibilities of the killer on Nicole's life. She can be tracked down or something.” Collins said. “Why don’t we use the mansion as a safe house where no one except us and trusted guards are aware of?” he continued.

“That's a great idea.” Zac agreed.

“Wait what? You guys have a hidden mansion?” Clara asked in awe.

“Not like it's hidden. We don’t stay there often so most people don’t know the occupants of the mansion.” Nathan answered.
"Mmm, that's nice.” I managed to say.

We ate in silence after that. The silence wasn't uncomfortable. We paid our bill after the meal and headed to the park that was right across the restaurant.

“What a lovely day.” Collins said, the breeze was comforting.

“Yeah.” I said, my hand was in his, giving me a slight squeeze.
Eric approached us, dressed casually making him look like a normal person coming to park for some fresh air.

“Someone tried breaking into the studio. We're guessing, the person wanted to come get the new evidence we found there recently.” he said.

“Interesting.” Collins said. “What would make someone try coming in there after a failed murder attempt?” Collins asked.

“Are you sure the person back for it or placed something there to divert our attention else?” Zac asked.

“That can also be possible, because we didn’t notice it after searching the place thoroughly.” Eric answered.

“Mmm……that's interesting.” Zac said.

We decided to head back to Nathan's side. Eric would come up later to update us on what they have gathered so far.

“Let's pass by the ice cream shop for some dessert.” Collins suggested.

“Ice cream” Clara and I shouted in unison, making the guys chuckle in response.  I miss all these moments.

Kenneth's POV

I tried calling her, but the call just went straight to voicemail. And there's no other way to know if she's alright or not. I just can't walk to her house, and I don’t want to be a suspect by going to Nathan's house. What am I supposed to do now.

Even though I want to hurt her, I actually want to know she's okay. Or should I get a few men to check up and give me a clue of where they are. I'd make it look like it was a pleasant surprise. I still wonder who also wants to hurt her? All my hoes know it's just a string with no attachment,so I'm not considering them as suspects. I don’t even remember them, so what would make them hate her.

I paced about in my office, playing out several ideas and plans. The two warehouses have been prepared already before the incident. Maybe if everything goes as planned, I'd kept her for a while before I decide whether she will kept her mouth shut or she has to die. I get an alert from my spies that they've left for their side. So I have a little meeting up to do before knowing what my next move is.

Nathans POV

I always thought girls are always indecisive, but Collins is more like a girl.

“You know what I'd just eat any flavor, I don’t know what I really want.” Collins finally said.

“We're getting vanilla and chocolate flavors.” Zac said, rubbing his temples.

“Oh right, I'd like a chocolate one.” Collins said.

“See, it wasn’t that hard.” Zac said.

“You don’t really know how hard simple things look.” Collins said in defense.

“Okay…whatever.” Zac responded. Nicole had been quiet throughout, and I wonder what's going through her mind.

“Oh my…what a pleasant surprise.” we turned to look at Kenneth, whom we weren't surprise at him being here.

“Oh yeah, a pleasant surprise indeed. whats up?” I decided to ask, course why not.

“Well, everything is normal.” he answered.

"That's great.”I answered back.

“We should plan another hangout this weekend.” he suggested.

“We would have loved that, but we've got plans this weekend.” Zac informed him.

“Oh shoot, okay, maybe some other time.” he said.

“Sure, no problem at all.” Collins said. “We'd see you some other time.” Collins continued.

“Yeah.” Kenneth answered. I nodded and we left.

“Is something bothering you dear?” I asked Nicole.

“I don’t know how to explain how I feel. I have mixed feelings right now. It's more or less like I feel paranoid and a little bit off my usual mood.” she replied.

“I understand you dear. Let's get to the safety of our house and we'd make the rest of your day interesting and pleasant.” I said, planting a kiss on her forehead.

She smiled and hugged me. We decided to binge watch one series tonight, after our meeting with Eric. From there, we'd see what to do next.