Chapter 11🌹

~Y/N POV~

I was over the moon that my mom was back. I mean yes it's been a few days but still, at least I get a further two days with them before they have to leave this time.

My dad was here too but he had to speak to the seven vampires that are somewhere in this large house.

I don't know where but I know they're all here somewhere even if I haven't left our apartment space all day.

My mom and I were sitting next to each other on the couch while Samuel was sitting across from us. Mom was telling us about her travels for work in the next two days but for now we get to spend some time with her. I don't really see what the problem is with staying with us but it seems that our parents are busy helping uncle Eric find his soulmate and that's a big deal. I can hope he does, it would be great to see him finally have someone.

"I'm sorry that we can't stay for longer but I promise once we finish helping Eric then everything will be back to normal and we can spend more time together like we did once before." Mom

"You promise?"

My mom only giggles to my pout yet nods and pulls me to her side for a side hug.

"Where did you say dad was again?" Samuel

He asked, scratching the top of his head cluelessly. I rolled my eyes at my brother but Hope skipped over to the couch on my other side holding a large bowl of popcorn to herself and answered for us instead.

"He's with the kings you dumbo. I was across the room and I heard what your mother said. Pay attention with ya!" Hope

I laughed hard but stole some popcorn out of her bowl which she didn't seem to mind. Samuel glared at Hope but didn't say anything to her.

"Yes Samuel, your dad is busy at the moment but it shouldn't be long." Mom

In that moment the main doors to the apartment opened we all turned in that direction to see two people walk in. One man was my father clearly but the second was someone I haven't seen in so long.

Without much thought o squealed excitedly and ran over to him just to throw myself into his arms that he held wide for me.

"Uncle Eric!"

He laughed and hugged me tight in his arms.

"Hey y/n. I missed you too." Eric

In the corner of my eye I seen my dad walk over to my mom to exchange some quiet words but Samuel also came over to join us. I parted from Eric just to step back and the two males hugged each other briefly.

"How long has it been now since I last seen you two?" Eric

"Two years!"

Eric chuckled and ruffled my hair but I swatted him away and that only made him roll his eyes but his wide smile didn't fade one bit.

"It's good to see the two of you though. Really." Eric

His eyes lingered on me with a sparkle as they always have when he looks at me.

Eric and I have always been close for as long as I can remember. When o was younger if I wasn't around any of the kings, Eric was my next best thing and he's never failed to disappoint me. Even calling me or texts me. Always keeping in touch so to see him here was a big surprise.

"So are you leave in two days time as well with mom and dad?"

I had to ask him but I think I already knew the answer judging by the way his smile faltered but he forced it to stay.

"Yes but I'm hoping it's not for long this time." Eric

"Still searching huh?" Samuel

Eric only nodded, licking his lips and shifts from one foot to the other.

"Yeah but I will find her. Hopefully." Eric

"You will Eric, I know you will."

I patted his shoulder to give him some reassurance. Only did Eric smile at me, pressing his lips together to curve slightly and stuff his hands into his pockets.

"Ah, so it's Eric now is it?"

Hope now wondered over to join the conversation and coming to stand beside me.

"Yes. I assume your Hope?" Eric

Eric squinted his eyes at her but she grins and nods firmly, placing on hand on her hip and her elbow to rest on my shoulder.

"In the flesh." Hope

She winks at him but Eric just rolls his eyes but smiled a little.

"I can see that. Nice to meet you." Eric

He held out his hand for her to shake and she took it no problem.

"It's good to meet you too. So Y/n's uncle huh? That's interesting considering." Hope

"Considering what?"

I asked her slightly weirded out by the question. I stared at her next to me but she widen her eyes and stepped back dropping her elbow from my shoulder.

"Crap." Hope

"Huh?"

She looked at Eric and then to Samuel but lucky for her my dad came over with my mom to see what's going on.

"What's the topic of conversation over here?" Dad

"Hope said something weird."

I pointed at her suspiciously squinting my eyes to her because something is up, clearly.

My mom suddenly grabbed Hope by the wrist and pulled her back towards her.

"Hope come with me dear. Let's go make some drinks." Mom

Hope only nodded, not saying another word and walked along with my mom to the kitchen.

"Y/n?" Dad

After following Hopes every move I looked up to my dad when he mentioned my name. I smiled at him and gave him a hug that was needed. My dads hugs are always the best.

"There is something I want to discuss with you y/n." Dad

I pulled back from him when I noticed the serious tone of voice he had when he spoke. Samuel and Eric already walked over to the couch taking among each other in more whisper but I don't care, they do that a lot anyway.

"What is it?"

"Tonight we're going to all have dinner with the kings tonight." Dad

I sighed and shook my head, my eyes to set down to my feet. I don't want to do that.

"You need to spend some time with them y/n. It's for the best. We brought you here for a reason and one reason is to reconnect with them." Dad

"But what if they hurt me again dad? I don't think I could handle that again."

I whispered to him but my dad sighed, tucking some of my hair back behind my ear after some fell across my face.

"They won't. And if they do for whatever reason, I break their faces." Dad

I laughed and shook my head again. A part of me actually believes that he would do such a thing. It makes sense when you somehow picture my dad acting aggressive with all the kings and getting away with it.

"I know that, thank you."

"So come to dinner with all of us and just see what happens." Dad

I nodded and my dad just pulled me back into his chest to peck the top of my head.

"That's my girl." Dad

My dad is the best being on earth. Without him I don't know where I'd be.