Chapter 1 🌹

~Y/N POV~

(21 years old)

"Hey shit stain! It's time to get up!"

I groaned to the sound of my brothers shouting voice and put the pillow over my face to avoid him.

"Come on y/n get up!"

"No."

I heard him grunt from somewhere close to my bed but I choose to ignore it.

"Excuse you? Get up now or I'll shave your head."

I threw the pillow and jolted up to the sitting position with a straight back and saluted at him.

"Sir, yes sir."

He rolled his eyes and threw off my covers off my legs and pointed towards the bathroom.

"Now get moving. Go, now. We can't be late to meet up with mom and dad this morning." Samuel

I pouted yet didn't complain. I miss mom and dad, we haven't seen them in three months but they're working constantly so I understand.

My parents, Samuel and I moved to facility 11 almost over ten years ago. I don't exactly remember why and Samuel says he doesn't remember either but since then we've stayed here and only two years ago did mom and dad move out to go live with at facility 2 for long term. Something to do with being closer to the vampire kings.

With those kings in mind I strolled over to my bathroom and closed the door on samuels face ignoring his satisfied smile.

Turning on the shower and grabbing a towel I thought of those vampire kings that pretty much rule everything that goes on. Even with the humans like me. People talk about how ruthless and mean they can be but I would say different.

Up until I was ten, I saw them all every week or at least one of them but either way I always no matter what saw at least one of them. I had a crush on all of them too, like huge but it confused me as to why suddenly we had to move to a different facility and never spent that kind of time with them again.

It hurt I have to admit, it hurt like you see in those movies when the love of your life dies or splits up with you. I kind of grieved for two years and then got over it after that. Only did I see them after that when my mom or dad was doing business with them.

The last time I think I seen at least one of them was back when I was 16 and in class when I seen one of them walk past the windows staring in but his eyes were focused on me. At the time he walked so slowly but I couldn't look away until he was gone. That was the last time I seen any of them after that.

Having a shower and drying my hair in the bathroom was easy enough and I left the bathroom just to quickly change my clothes now that Samuel had gone and most likely in the kitchen cooking because I can smell it.

Not that he needs it but he's always like human food and insists on eating it with me which I don't mind. I enjoy his company as always even if we do bicker sometimes he's my brother and I love him. We may not share the same blood but that doesn't matter. It's like we click so well together.

After breakfast and cleaning up the kitchen, Samuel grabbed my hand and dragged me along with him out the apartment and down the corridor that was busy with people today. Mostly humans of course because this is a place for humans to keep safe from contracting the white plague and that scares me. I've seen what it does to people and it's horrible.

Just to think about it makes me cringe.

"Where are we meeting mom and dad anyway?"

Sam looked back at me just to grin and then continued to look up a head.