Prologue 🌹

A/N: please is you haven't read the surprise chapter at the end of the book THEIRS, then please do before you read this because you would need to read that chapter to fully understand this chapter of the new book. Thank you.

~TAEHYUNG POV~

It's been five years since we found y/n again and every week we make sure that at least one of us that isn't busy comes to visit her. We spent over one hundred years in trying to find her and we most definitely won't be going anywhere this time.

We've watched her grow into such a cute little girl, just absolutely beautiful as a little girl can get but I could just be bias.

Today it's my turn to go visit her in the daycare that's in the facility while Mark and Heiran work today. Their son Samuel is also very close to us. Y/n and Samuel are very close even if he's two years older and Samuel is a vampire child, we just can't separate them. Its cute in my opinion.

However Namjoon mentioned that Hana, the daycare worker, needed to talk to one of us about something so I also had to discuss some thing with her about god knows what. But for now I wanted to see my little soulmate who would be around here somewhere.

As soon as I entered the floor of the daycare I could smell her scent. Calmly taking deep breaths I approached the main door to open up with a passcode in the key pad and pushed open the door myself instead of allowing it to open itself. It's a security door, only will it open and close itself in emergencies.

Stepping inside the room it was oddly quiet which worried me slightly but I could smell her over powering scent even more.

Usually you could hear her laughing or singing or just something but nope. Nothing. I just know that's she's close.

Looking around the room I didn't even see any other children in today so it must just be y/n and Samuel in today. Looking around the room, hoping to catch a glimpse of her somewhere walking into the room further away from the door I was about to call her when suddenly she started shouting from one of the rooms up ahead.

"AH!! SAMMIE!! YOU DID THAT ON PURPOSE!!" Y/n

Uh oh.

That's not her happy voice.

I stood there biting my bottom lip with anticipation to what's going to happen next.

"NO I DIDNT!!" Samuel

"YOU DID!! NOW I DONT LOOK PRETTY ANYMORE!!!" Y/n

My eyes widen and stood completely still when suddenly the little figure of y/n stomps her way out the closest room to me, balled up fists and pouty lips. I couldn't help but think she was adorable with her little plaits today and her little pink poke a dot dress with a blue paint stain mark just on the strap of her dress to her chest and white shoes to go with her outfit.

I stayed still wondering when she was going to notice me in her little angry attitude.

She marched over to the small little table in a huff and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Hey there cutie!"

Her eyes lit up and she squealed upon hearing my voice and jumped off her chair and quickly ran over with arms spread wide.

"Taetae!!!!" Y/n

I chuckled as I squatted down to her level to pick her up in my arms and stood back up with her hugging my body as I was hugging hers. I didn't want to let her go.

"What you do here Taetae?" Y/n

She mumbled in my ear but reaching up to the back of my head to play with my hair as she always does. It's seems that's she does this with all of us.