I was a good kid though, so there wasn't really much to think about. Well I guess I might have took a pen from my math teacher, but that about the extent of things I have done. The door creaked open as my hand pushed on the handle, everyone in the room looked at me. Including one of the kids sitting there, i'm guessing waiting for someone to pick him up.

Both officers looked at me before the man ushered me though the hall and into a small empty room, the air was tense as the three of us all were in there, we all took a seat before someone finally spoke up.

"I'm so sorry to tell you this but your mother has vanished at sea, and there is not a lot of evidence to believe she has made it. I'm so sorry. We aren't yet ruling out the fact that she's alive, but it's really not looking good, hun," Her voice was gentle as she explained to me.

My entire body felt numb, like it had managed to turn into jello in a matter of seconds now dripping down the chair and forming a puddle on the floor. It was all unreal, there was no chance that this is what happened, I knew my mom, and I knew that vanishing at sea would be the last way she would ever vanish.

"Are you sure that's what happened?" My voice broke out, trying to swallow back the lump in my throat.

"Sadly yes, someone was on a radio with her as she was explaining the terrible weathers that came in unexpectedly, but then they lost signal. We're guessing the storm took down the boat, we want to send people searching where she was when we know it's completely safe," This time it was the man that spoke, his tone was much more straight forward, and much less sweet and kind.

"Your dad is still at home, we're going to bring you over there now. He might want some company," She gave me a small smile before pushing her chair out and standing up, the other guy and I both mimicked her movements.

Once again the weights returned as we walked though the hall, where the receptionist gave me a sad look, and as we walked out of the school and to the police can that was parked in the parking lot. We rode in complete silence the entire way, only quite whispers were heard every now and them from the from seat.

UNTOLD

I have been home for a little more than an hour and my dad has been camping out in his bedroom just as I had been doing in mine. We crossed paths once when I first arrived home, I stood in silence as him and the police officers exchanged a few words before he shut the door and turned back inside.

"Its going to be ok," He told me, though I could tell he was trying to reassure himself just as much as he did to me. Thats what he said before he descended back up the stairs where soft cries could be heard from his bedroom. I went to my room before changing and jumping into my bed, putting on a movie though I was paying no attention to it.

More as just staring at the walls, watching them go bright than dark based on what was on my computer screen. It wasn't until later my dad came into my room, placing a soft knock on the door.

"I'm going to go our for a bit, need to clear my head, call if you need anything," Just like that he closed the door and I listened as his footsteps went down the hallway, the stairs, and finally until the reach the from door where he quickly opened and closed it.

UNTOLD

My head was cleared and I managed to sleep until a loud slam was heard from downstairs, I quickly jolted up from my bed and got up. The cold floor chilled my feel but I kept moving until I reached the stairwell, where I peered over the railing to see all the commotion.

My dad was stumbling, loosing his footing every second as he came further and further into the house. I wanted to help, I wanted to tell him that there we so many other things he could do to help ease this pain we were both feeling, but I didn't know what that would be.

I didn't do anything and I was still feeling all the pain, like someone was squeezing my heart and hasn't let go scene the officer told me those chilling words. I sighed and walked back to my bedroom before I buried myself back under the covers, looking at the hallway light the was shining from under my door.

My eyes quickly went back to there tired state, or maybe it was my mind, it was hard to tell. I drowned out all the loud noises from downstairs, and went to sleep.

He just coping, right?

UNTOLD

I hope you have been enjoying so far:)

(1406 words)