FOURTY NINE

I HAVE NEVER BEEN the type to get up early, though it did feel nice

I HAVE NEVER BEEN the type to get up early, though it did feel nice. It always felt weird to get up before your city was even awake, being all alone.

I sat on the balcony watching as the sun slowly started to appear in the clear sky. It was funny to think not long ago Leo and I were sitting out here, having one of the most serious conversations I have ever had with anyone. I don't know if serious is the right word, I mean it was a factor of the conversation but not some word that were able to sum it up with.

The air was fresh and I found myself taking very deep breaths whenever I felt like it, because I can. The door opened revealing Metteo, who was dressed in a suit which was not very surprising.

"Go pack your bag please, leave it by the front door when you're done," He explained, about to turn back to go inside.

I shifted in the seat, "Are we changing hotels?" My groggy voice came out making me quickly try to clear my throat.

"No Bella, we're going home. We have to say bye to everyone before we go Leo wanted to leave by twelve," He responded, making my face light up instantly. I quickly jumped out of my seat brushing right past him, running down the hall to my room.

I went to my closet where my suitcase had been sitting, I wouldn't be surprised if there was spider webs in it when I opened it. Though there wasn't, just plain space that I would quickly be filling with the clothes I was already sick of wearing, over and over.

and over.

and over.

and over.

again.

"Dammit," I whispered down to myself, looking at the last clean sweatshirt I owned being thrown into my dirty pile, which was very overflowed. For some reason out washer and dryer weren't working, as well as the kitchen sink that I would have washed my clothes in if it was working.

The bathroom sink was also out of the picture considering that I think I saw specs of dirt when I was washing my hands the other day. If I used that it would just make my clothes more dirty. The stairs creaked as I walked down them, just one more thing that needs fixing in this house.

I was counting the days until someone fell through these stairs, I expected it to happen last week. I reached the end of the stairs but the scent of beer wasn't there, I knew Josh was here though somewhere. The living room was empty and he wasn't in his original spot which was being sprawled out on the couch.

My feet brought me to the kitchen where he was, putting some peanut butter on a slice of bread. I hesitantly walked over to the other side of the counter leaning in on it slightly.

"Hey um- I was wondering if I could have some money for new clothes, or if we could fix the washer and dryer. If not its-"

"Oh Bella, please don't do this right now, I was really in a good mood," His voice sounded, it was clear and showed no hesitation in his statement.