FOURTY FOUR

MY FEET THUMPED AGAINST the hard ground at a steady beat

MY FEET THUMPED AGAINST the hard ground at a steady beat. I was almost positive I was getting loads of blisters all over, but it didn't matter. The corner was right ahead, and once I turned there the last and final challenge would to be to find everyone, they will all be fine.

I was mostly thinking about who had put that poising in Dante's drink, well at least that's what the doctor said it was. They could poison everyone if they wanted to, and I wouldn't take any chances. I rounded the corner and there was the clear view of the doors leading into the building.

It was the kind the building where part of it came out a little and there were doors on both sides, I pushed the door open and the instant coolness of the building pierced my skin. The place was big and looked noting like a hospital, I don't even think it was one.

Dark black filled all the walls and white furniture was all over the room, there was a young lady standing behind the front desk occupied by a phone call. There was a door with a sign 'meeting rooms' placed on it, and I knew immediately that they were probably all in there. Just as I was about the push the door wide open someone came up behind me and gripped my shoulders.

I flinched my head back just to be met with Mattia and Luca panicked faces.

"What are you doing here?" Mattia asked as he gently and slowly reached his other hand to take it away from the door handle.

"Oh thank god you guys are here!" I started breathing out a sign or relief as I let both of my arm drape to my side, "Dante got poisoned by something the doctors said, he's like really sick and I didn't know what to do so I called Leo and he said he was in this main building and I kinda assumed this was it. I think they are in this hallway so I need to go tell everyone," I said, using all the air that I had left in me.

I turned to reached for the door but Luca's hands quickly took ahold of my shoulders and pulled me back. My legs stumbled from the sudden change but I quickly regained my balance.

"What are you guys doing?" I questioned as I turned around, narrowing my eyes are both of them.

"They are really busy right now, you know figuring everything out, how about we um- wait out here until they come out?" Luca said, their faces were still laced with panic and guilt? What confused me is how they had so reaction to what I had said about Dante, its Luca's brother for goodness sake!

It's almost like they already knew, and now they won't let me tell anyone else either.

I

need

to

find

Leo.

Luca's hands were brought back on my shoulders and steering me at a quick pace away from the door. We all sat down on a few couches, that were a very clean white without one spot of any dirt or uncleanliness on them.