THIRTY SEVEN

I LOOKED UP AT Angelo to see him biting at his bottom lip, as he looked ashamed, in himself

"What?" I asked as I tried to blink away my tears.

"I didn't mean it Bella, I was drunk I wasn't thinking clearly. Vince is the one who agreed he wasn't even a tad bit out of it," Angelo defended himself. I could hear the back door open and some movement, i'm guessing someone started to bring in the dishes and get them washed.

"Do you actually think that about me?" I asked, it felt like someone stabbed my heart. I have lost to many people who I thought cared about me, I can't loose another. Soon they will keep disappearing and no one will be left, i'll be all alone again.

"Why would I actually think that if I spent the entire time I was with you while you were kidnapped, protecting you. I took so many beatings just to keep you safe," There it was, a card that had been dealt to many times in my life. Now I was rethinking, now I was feeling guilty not saddened, guilty.

"Don't you dare even talk about that," Leo warned, just then someone else entered the room, Vince.

"Nice to meet you Bella," He remarked as he went and sat on the on the chairs on the other side of the room.

"We are trying to have a conversation, its rude to interrupt," Leo spat, glaring at him.

"Leo don't act like it was only Angelo and I who thought this, I know a few of my children though the same things," He explained calmly, as he tilted his head looking at me.

"Leo, can we please just go back out. I don't want to be apart of this," I whispered to Leo.

He nodded before he stood up, I followed behind him as he walked out of the living room and to the kitchen. Angelo set me a look, it wasn't anything bad, I knew he felt sorry about what he said. Its just one of those things that will replay in your mind, something that will stay with you. Alessia was in the kitchen and when she saw me she gave me a hug.

"It ok," She whispered as my body shook as tears spilled, "You go out, I'll get her all cleaned up," She reassured, Leo walked out and she placed a hand on my back as he led me up a set of stairs. We went into a room, it was cute it was all you needed. A bed, a dresser and a nightstand.

"This was Sophia's room when she was younger," Alessia smiled, "I'll be right back," She explained leaving the room. She returned with a washcloth and whipped my face down with it, it was nice and warm and felt really nice.

"Don't listen to anything they say, you're a strong girl, ok?" She whispered as she sat on the bed with me taking me to her side. I hated that probably everyone seated at there table now knew about what had been said, I hated it so much. I hated Leo for even involving me in it, I hated Angelo for saying it, and I hated Vince for trying to defend him and trying to take his kids down with him.

"Lets go back out with the others, I made some cake for dessert that we can bring out," She explained as she let go of me and walked out of the room with me trailing behind. We walked to the kitchen where Alessia pulled out a cake it had white frosting covering it. She picked it and and brought it outside holding the front open for me with her foot.