Old friend

I flutter my eyes open still feeling the grin on my face as I replay the actions that took place in the astronomy tower last night. Apart from my heart hurts for Draco that he had to go through everything alone, but I'm just. mostly happy he finally has someone to lean on, most importantly that, that someone is me.

I glide out of bed seeing that Emily is already awake slipping her hair up into a tight bun as just turns to look at me with a. confused look on her face.

"what's got you grinning so much" She raises her eyebrows at me.

"oh, nothing just good sleep" I put a little pep in my step, well walking to the bathroom to get ready.

I take a little longer getting ready, straightening my hair for the first time since I have been at Hogwarts, I hope he likes it.

I look into the mirror at my no straight silky locks and apply my strawberry lip gloss to my lips, adding some light blush to my cheeks and curling my eyelashes applying mascara. I poke my dimple trying to make it go away but it doesn't seem to, as I can't stop from letting my goofy grin show.

I step out of the bathroom making em's jaw hit the floor.

"take a picture it will last longer," I say in a cocky attitude flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"who we trying to impress?" she says giggling at my remark.

"you of course," I say blowing her a kiss well she flips her hair and giggles.

"I'm heading to breakfast" I slip on my uniform leaving some buttons undone and loosely putting my tie around my neck.

I make my way out of the common room still smiling to myself as I begin my walk to the dining hall.

"what got you grinning so much" I deep voice that I know too well says behind me.

I Snap my head around to meet with Matts's dark eyes.

"Well hello stranger, I've missed you," I say embracing him in a hug which he happily returns.

"so tell me how's luna? cause I haven't seen you ever since you told me you two were dating" I say still smiling until I see his dry look my smile fades.

"we broke up," he says quietly.

I stop in my tracks holding his shoulders as he meets my eyes. "I'm so sorry Matty"

"it's okay really I guess we just weren't that compatible plus I missed you and I guess she wasn't very fond of you that why she pulled me away" I'm taken back that I girl I barely know isn't fond of me but I brush it off and smile at him.

"Do you want to catch up at breakfast?" I say releasing his shoulders as he shakes his head yes.

The whole walk there we shared stories about what has been happing, it feels like forever since I have talked to him and he used to be my best friend. He apologies repeatedly for pushing me away, which I forgive him for cause I understand. He is very taken back when I told him all about Voldemort, my parents, my grandfather, and my magic that almost killed me. But I forgive him cause I truly just missed him. As much as I want to tell him about Draco I can't, no one can know.

I and Matt take a seat at the Slytherin table still laughing about how bad he did in potions that he actually set the record for the number of supplies ruined.

"I don't think Snape was too happy when I reached ten pots ruined," he says chuckling.

"well, I wouldn't be either," I say not holding back my laugh.

we get up to the food table and I pile some toast onto my plate subtly searching the table for my blonde-haired boy.

I finally catch his eyes, as he was already looking at me. He looks more full of life today, less pale, and under his eyes, the circles have gotten lighter. I see a smile tug at his lips as he winks not leaving my eyes.

I feel my cheeks heat as I flash him a cheeky grin looking away in embarrassment.

"let's go find a seat in starving" Matt complains looking for another seat as our old ones were taken. He grabs my robe pulling me over to a seat while I stare down out my food plate I'm holding replaying Draco's wink in my head.

I am pulled into a seat next to Matt as I hear a chuckle that causes me to finally look up from my plate with my blonde boy sitting right across from me. I can't help but let out a chuckle myself thinking how Matt of course chose this seat for me.

"what's so funny?" Matt says taking a bite out of his eggs raising his eyebrows at me.

"Just thinking about the fact you can break more than ten pots in potions that all" I lie but clearly his laugh tells me he believes it.

While he continues laughing I sneak my eyes up to meet Draco's and his sneaky smile. Although his attention is ripped away from me when Blaise sits down slapping Draco's shoulder as a hello.

Draco POV:

"so I heard some guy is transferring in the middle of the year, and he's already been placed into Slytherin, and he's in our year, And he's coming today isn't that stupid?" I hear Blaise say next to me. I honestly could care less about some idiot coming in the middle of the year, I care more about my smiley girl sitting across from me. I can't help but smile too, last night was the first night in a long time that I actually got sleep, because I didn't dream and dread about that stupid cabinet, it was only her.

"I really don't care Blaise," I say shaving the food around on my plate forcing my gaze down, trying my hardest not looking into her warm eyes.

I hear the doors open to the grand hall, as a boy enters already in Slytherin robes. Immediately girls start swooning over his looks. He has shaggy brown hair and brown eyes.

My eyes shoot to Severa, but my relief, she's giggling at Matt's joke keeping her eyes on her plate. Usually, I would be upset but honestly, I'm happy she and matt are talking again, I know she could use a friend right now, and if he makes her laugh I guess he's tolerable. unless he tries something, then he's as good as dead.

"Good morning everyone I would like to introduce a late transfer into Slytherin, Timothee" Dumbledores Voice seems to throw the hall getting everyone's attention including hers.

I study her expression on her face trying to figure out what she is thinking, I look back at the guy and I clench my fist when I see his eyes staring into her soul. I snap my eyes back at Severa and finally read her expression, She recognizes him?