47.Dinner & Revelations

Darius Dixon

Turns out my fears were warranted. Jason's parents had come back while he was fucking my brains out. And as it turns out Jason's dad was not above humiliation.

Jason and I had been too wrapped up in each other to notice the piece of paper that was slid in under the door. So it wasn't until after we were fully clothed in new clothes that we noticed it. Jason was the one who picked it up.

He was in the middle of telling me something when he stopped talking. I looked up and saw him exhale a little defeated sigh as he looked at the paper. Then with a short gruff laugh, he tore something of off it and scrunched up the paper.

"What?" I asked moving closer to him.

"You don't want to know." He said looking at me with a guilty look.

I pulled the paper from his hands, "I do want to know."

I opened the paper and on it was a note of some sort.  I read the messy handwritten note slowly trying to make sense of it.

I thought you might need these. If you need more you know where the store is.

I looked up at Jason, the note was confusing without context, "Need what?"

Jason bit his lip hard and opened his palm for me. I felt my face heat up with humiliation as I looked at the contents of his hands. Of course, his parents were ‘those’ parents.

I flipped the three foil packets in Jason's hand as the full implications hit me. A condom, for protection, of course, a lube sachet for obvious reasons and a portable detergent sachet for cleanups. Ha.

I looked up at Jason's face and he started laughing. I looked back at the contents of his hand and I couldn't help but laugh too. At least they were thorough.

"I can't believe I let you seduce me," I said laughing

"I regret nothing," Jason said pulling me in for a kiss.

I opened the door and sure enough, I could hear voices. Carol's mostly. Jason's dad seemed to grunt out yes or no's in between Carol's ramblings. I slunk back outside using the back stairs and I almost made it out unnoticed. If it wasn't for Olivia sitting on the back porch I would have successfully made it to the car unnoticed.

Olivia burst out laughing when she noticed me tiptoeing my way around the house and for a second I forgot about my embarrassment because she seemed like her old self again.

"I was never here," I whispered as I proceeded back to the car I was working on. 

I fixed the last part of the wiring that was broken and tested out the car. After packing up all the tools in the shed I went back in using the front door. The smell of rich soulful food hit me before I arrived in the dining room.

"Did you wash your hands?" Mrs Maddison said as she eyed me suspiciously.

"Yes, mam," I answered walking into the dining room to join everyone else sitting on the table.

"Doubtful," Carol muttered under her breath as I sat in the chair opposite hers.

Dinner went by as normal as it had the day before. It was somewhat uneventful considering I expected some snide remarks from Jason's parents about our sexcapades. And maybe the night would have ended quietly if it wasn't for Carol and her inquisitive mind.

"How come Jason doesn't talk a lot?" Carol asked to no one in particular.

The answer was out of my mouth before I even registered what I was saying, "Oh, he never shuts up."

Jason choked on his water and began coughing and wheezing beside me. I immediately jumped into action and rubbed his back. But I didn't miss the knowing look his dad gave me. My cheeks instantly felt hot as my blush matched Jason's. Olivia coughed lightly in a poor attempt of disguising her laugh but it was too late. Damnit. Curse my brain for thinking about Jason in bed.

Mrs Maddison was the only one who came to my rescue with a story about how it wasn't always like that. By the time she started explaining about Jason and Mason's teen years we had both settled down even though we kept glancing at each other.  The rest of the night proved to be uneventful but in my book, it was one of the best days I had had.

As soon as dinner was over Jason excused us so we could take a walk and get away from the house for a bit.

"Jason?"

"Yes,"

"I have something to tell you," I said turning to him.

"Okay?"

"You know how we talked about us when you came back?"

"Yeah?"

I took his hand into mine and tugged him closer to me. Then with a note of finality, I took one step forward. I kissed him with all the emotions I wanted to tell him. Everything that was struggling at the seems to burst out. After a long slow kiss, I moved my face a few centimetres from his so I could watch his face as I spoke.

"Look, Jason, I don't know much in this world. In fact, what I know compared to other people is a teaspoon of knowledge and I might not be as smart as a lot of other people too.  But I know one thing, I know how you make me feel. I know what goes through my mind every time you speak or interact with people I know. You, make me feel wanted. You make me feel like a part of something greater. You make me feel important to this world. you make me feel included. You make me feel whole, Babe. I might not love you the same way you love me or with the same ferocity that you love me with but I will try. God forbid I fail because I will keep on trying.  I will do everything in my power to try. Just give me the chance to try. Give me the chance to meet you halfway."

"We are at my parent's house and they just basically adopted your sisters as grandchildren? Okay that part is weird but I think that makes us something more than just friends?" Jason said rubbing his thumb over my wrist.

"It does?"

"Yes, it does. We just had sex in my childhood bedroom. So yes, I am certain it does. Do you need me to say it?"

I looked up at him confused, "Say what?"

"This is your chance to try. I am willing to be your boyfriend if you will have me. Although I thought we had established that already but hey, I am not ashamed to say it."

"Yeah?"

"Yes, Babe."

"Carol is going to call me an idiot now." I answered laughing. "She told me you were my boyfriend a long time ago."

"She is a smart kid," Jason said pulling me in for a kiss, "You know, I never get tired of your kisses."