46.Heroes & Oil Spills

Jason Maddison

"Hey, Jason?"

I turned from the desk I was bent over to look at Carol. She stood in the doorway arms crossed in front of her with a smile on her face.

"Your...um...our...um...Grandma and Grandpa said they are taking Olivia and I to the movies. So you guys should cook your own lunch and stuff."

I let out a laugh before nodding, "Yeah okay. Tell your brother he is the cook. Apparently, I am bad at it."

Carol rolls her eyes before running out to probably find Darius. I turned back to the photos I was editing on my computer Darius looked happy in most of them. Of course, there were a few images where he looked at Olivia with this wistful look in his eyes. Almost as if he wished he could give her his joy so she could be happier.

I sorted all the pictures into files and folders. It had been a long time since my parents laughed like they did in the images I had captured. My Dad's silent smile and the weird wrinkles that formed next to his eyes all signs of how much better they were doing. And even though there was an empty chair at our table the night had felt like a sign, a sign that everything was getting better.

I glanced at the clock on the corner of my screen. Half-past Four. Time always seemed to move fast when I was working. I closed everything I was working on and found my way across the quiet house. Darius was outside bent over my dad's old beat-up jeep.

"Hey,"

I watched Darius raise his head and bump it onto the open Bonnet, "Hey yourself." He said rubbing the top of his head.

I moved closer to inspect his head, "Looks like you will live." I said laughing.

He smiled up at me with a mischievous glint in his eyes, "You have been quiet all day."

"I was working on last night's photo's." I said pushing his hands away from me, "Don't touch me with your filthy hands." 

Darius smile widened before he used his hands to grab at me, "These hands!"

"Don't touch me with your greasy hands," I said laughing and failing to push him away. 

Darius ignored the comment as he grabbed my clean white t-shirt and I couldn't care less because he used that same shirt to pull me close so that my lips were mere inches away from his," Do you really want me to let you go?"

"Tease." I breathed into his mouth before I captured his lips with mine.

Darius smiled widely into the kiss. Then with a groan, he tightened his grip around my waist and dropped his head into the crook of my shoulder, "You, are ridiculously hot."

"I know." I answered fisting my hands into his dirty shirt and pistoning my crotch against his with half-hearted movements, "Do you want to do something about it?"

"Oh baby, you have no idea." He said as he kissed me again. His lips moved gently against mine and my heartbeat accelerated with every breath I took from him.

My hand slipped into the shirt he was wearing through the open v that was supposed to be held shut by buttons. Darius let out a strained groan then with another strained groan, he placed his hands around my wrists and pulled them out of his shirt.

"We can't do this here, babe."

"We can go inside? But I promise my parents' neighbours are not nosy." I said pushing my thigh between his legs.

Darius let out a strangled moan before letting his fingers dig into my hips, "No I mean. We cant do this at your mother's house."

"Oh, " I said before dipping my head into the space next to his neck ear. "You need convincing?"