Chapter 107

Roses and Snakes

~Amanda Annaliese Rosier~

                Mother was here right beside me, the Dark Lord called for a very important meeting so we both attended. Every time I slouched or even move a little bit, she would kick me down at the table and scold me to straighten my back and sit elegantly like the Rosier I am.

                I looked straight ahead as she talked to Narcissa Malfoy. There was a teacher suspended up in the air, it was the Muggle Studies teacher in Hogwarts, I was tasked to handle her and bring her here. Death Eaters started to fill up the place, here in the dining room of the Malfoy Manor. I saw Sephitis arrive with Malfoy, Nott, Crabbe and Goyle but I ignored them for I predicted that they were going to be here, perfect for the grand surprise.

                A few minutes later, Snape and Yaxley finally arrived. I saw how Snape caught Lilith's eyes and nodded at her but I ignored it, they were a waste of my time.

                "Severus, here," said the Dark Lord, indicating the seat on his immediate right. "Yaxley — beside Dolohov."

                The two men took their allotted places. My eyes followed Snape as he took a sit down next to the Dark Lord.

                "So?" the Dark Lord spoke.

                "My Lord, the Order of the Phoenix intends to move Harry Potter from his current place of safety on Saturday next, at nightfall." Said Professor Snape.

                So he was really in our side after all. The interest around the table sharpened palpably: Some stiffened, others fidgeted, all gazing at Snape and the Dark Lord.

                "Saturday...at nightfall," repeated the Dark Lord. His red eyes fastened upon Snape's black ones with such intensity that some of the watchers looked away, apparently fearful that they themselves would be scorched by the ferocity of the gaze. I and my mother however, watched calmly without fear nor anything in our jet black eyes. The Dark Lord's lipless mouth curved into something like a smile, how amusing, the Dark Lord smiled.

                "Good. Very good. And this information comes —"

                "—from the source we discussed," said Snape.

                My eyes looked at him with curiosity on whom he was pertaining about.

                "My Lord."

                Yaxley had leaned forward to look down the long table at Voldemort and Snape. All faces turned to him.

                "My Lord, I have heard differently."

                Yaxley waited, but the Dark Lord did not speak, so he went on, "Dawlish, the Auror, let slip that Potter will not be moved until the thirtieth, the night before the boy turns seventeen."

                Snape was smiling, my forehead creased.

                "My source told me that there are plans to lay a false trail; this must be it. No doubt a Confundus Charm has been placed upon Dawlish. It would not be the first time; he is known to be susceptible."

                "I assure you, my Lord, Dawlish seemed quite certain," said Yaxley.

                "Where are they going to hide the boy next?" asked the Dark Lord.