Chapter 90

Good night, Godfrey

Mrs. Weasley have stopped crying now but I knew how much she wanted to cry again, having a child that disowns you and your family is tough, very tough. Mrs. Weasley is truly stronger than anyone here.

"Renee, can I talk to you alone." Said Regulus, I turned and gave Dad a nod.

To be honest, it was weird calling him 'Dad' or my father. It was weird treating him my father for 16 years of life I've treated someone else as my father. But I am adjusting, slowly but adjusting, not like mom for I've treated her like a second mom all my life so it was just some little adjustments.

I don't know, I've seem to know Regulus now for I have his memories.

"Have you realized that your mom and I's presents aren't at your bed earlier?" started Dad, my forehead creased but immediately got what he was saying.

"Yeah, I was wondering if you two forgot my present." I said jokingly and he laughed slightly.

"Well, your mom has obviously given you her gift," said Dad as we both looked down to my left hand and there rested the Ring of Soteria. "Now it's time for mine." He uttered.

He took his hand that was at his back and showed me a neatly wrapped rectangle present with a big red bow on top, it was clearly wrapped by mom for I knew he couldn't wrap presents when we were wrapping them by hand or he used magic to wrap it.

I smiled before taking it, I slowly untangled the ribbon and the wrapper. It was a phone! The one that Kenji had when we bumped to him with Rose. He told us what was it for, how it sends message and deliver message quickly to a recipient.

It was a very well-known phone brand called 'Nokia' base on what it says on a box, it was newly released and was known for its distinctive styling and the first example of a 'slider' form factor. Kenji also taught me how it works back then and not gonna lie I was impress with the new muggle technology.

"Oh my Merlin! Thank you, dad!" I exclaimed in happiness and jumped to hug him with not awkward nor uncomfortable.

"Your mother actually told me everything about what the muggles calls as 'phone' so we bought one ourselves too, now you can just message us instead of sending Pretzel. But you should from time to time, I'm extremely fond of that Owl now." Said Dad as we both burst into laughter.

After the moody lunch, I rushed upstairs to Ginny's bedroom. I sat in her study for a long time as I looked out of the window, admiring the snow falling down and melting at the heat of the heating spell that I've casted on the room.

Then suddenly, something crossed my mind. It was this day, supposed to be our 3rd Year anniversary as a couple, until we broke up of course. My eyes widened as I remembered what events was present today.

It's Oliver's birthday!

I immediately grabbed a parchment, a quill and an ink to write him a birthday card but I stopped when I finished writing his name.

Should I send him a birthday card?

I asked myself thinking that he's doing his best to move on and forget about me and me sending him a birthday card is going to affect him. But in the end, I wrote him one. It was a promise I made back then, even though it wasn't an Unbreakable Vow, it was still important and many people know that I don't like breaking promises.