Chapter 104

Phoenix

As Linda and I were on our way to the hospital wing, we bumped into Rose who looked disastrous as we did. My energy was drained, I was pale and had big dark circles around my eyes. The Cruciatus curse's effects were lessened by my ring but it wasn't enough to cover up the damage that the curse made.

"Agape! What happened to you? Are you alright?" Rose asked continuously as Linda was helping me walk for I couldn't walk anymore by myself, like I said my energy was so drained that I collapsed on our way to the hospital wing.

"She was hit with the Cruciatus curse, two times." Linda explained for me. I saw Rose's eyes widened as they helped Linda bring me inside the hospital wing.

We had reached the hospital wing, I was panting heavily as my head was aching and my vision was spinning. Pushing open the doors, I saw Neville lying, apparently asleep, in a bed near the door. Ron, Hermione, Luna, Tonks, Lupin, Oliver, Odelle, the Langston twins, Lilith's Mom, Mom and Dad were gathered around another bed near the far end of the ward, Fred and George were there also, I didn't see them at the fight, they must've arrived just now.

At the sound of the doors opening, they all looked up. Their eyes widened at the sight of me, Mum and Dad immediately stood up as soon as they saw me while I just stood there emptily, my head still aching.

My vision started to get blurry as I held my head that was spinning and aching, my vision went black as I fell in the hard floor. I could still hear their voices calling my name and the clicking of someone's shoes as they hurried to me and then I was out of conscious.

"Are you all right, Harry?" I heard Hermione said, my eyes opened as I regained my consciousness, I blinked a few times.

"I'm fine....How's Bill?" asked who I think was Harry. Nobody answered him.

"Mum..." I said, my voice was weak for I've been screaming and writhing in pain all night long.

"Darling! You're finally awake, thank Charlotte!" Said Mum, the others glances diverted from Harry to me as I sat up my bed.

"Chaddesley told us everything you told her, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you darling, I'm so so sorry." Said Dad as his eyes started to fill with tears.

"It's fine Dad, how's Bill?" I asked as I sat up, nobody answered my question too. I looked over to my side and there I saw an unrecognizable face lying on Bill's pillow, so badly slashed and ripped that he looked grotesque. Madam Pomfrey was dabbing at his wounds with some harsh-smelling green ointment.

"Can't you fix them with a charm or something?" Harry asked the matron.

"No charm will work on these," said Madam Pomfrey. "I've tried everything I know, but there is no cure for werewolf bites."

"But he wasn't bitten at the full moon," said Ron, who was gazing down into his brother's face as though he could somehow force him to mend just by staring. "Greyback hadn't transformed, so surely Bill won't be a — a real —?"

He looked uncertainly at Lupin.

"No, I don't think that Bill will be a true werewolf," said Lupin, "but that does not mean that there won't be some contamination. Those are cursed wounds. They are unlikely ever to heal fully, and — and Bill might have some wolfish characteristics from now on."