Chapter 76

Traitor

"You still think it's Malfoy?" I asked Harry who was staring at the Slytherin table trying to eye Draco who was nicking a lot of food.

"Shouldn't you think it's him too? I mean, them, him and Sephitis?" asked Harry, stabbing his asparagus with his fork and putting it in his mouth.

"I know, but"

"We don't know her, Agape, she might've helped us with everything but we still don't know if she's at our side, she might be in the other side but is pretending to be in ours. After all, she is Malfoy's girlfriend, if she really is in our side then she would've reported what's going on or stopped his boyfriend." Uttered Harry as I pushed my food around my plate, thinking deeply. "We never know, maybe she intended to kill Linda so"

Harry stopped talking when Hermione elbowed him and they saw how I was almost murdering my food. "Agape, are you okay...?" asked Hermione looking at me worriedly, my breathing was heavy as thoughts ran in my mind. What if Lilith was really someone not to trust? What if she's in the other side of the war? What if she really meant to kill?

"If she really intended to kill," I uttered stopping and glanced to Harry who was right beside me, "then she can start with me."

When the dinner ended, I immediately went back to the Hufflepuff common room to drop some things before I start with my prefect duties. "Oh, Black, you're here." Sneered Rosier who the only one in the dormitory when I came in, Susan was still in the common room with her friends. I ignored her and just continued what I was supposed to do. "Heard what happened to Chaddesley, what a poor little girl, just thought of what her parents would think." Uttered Rosier as I placed my books in the shelf beside my bed, I glanced over to Linda's bed.

"You know, if you didn't get to curious of what she was delivering then she wouldn't have touched it and she wouldn't have been cursed." My eyes widened on what she had said, how did she know about what really happened?

"How do you know that?" I asked looking back to her who was sitting in her mattress looking at me arrogantly and snickering.

"I know what you're thinking, Black, but you shouldn't be adding me to your 'smol list of suspects,'" she said in a mocking baby voice and pouted, but then she burst into laughter after and then spoke once again. "I bet Sephitis is on top of your list, oh wait, isn't she a friend of yours? Well you don't know, your closest friend might be the one to sneak and stab you in the back."

She whispered with a grim smile, my fist clenched as I looked at her. "If I were you, Black, I would probably talk to her before it's all too late."

I rushed out of the room, I slammed the door shut which caused a loud sound that all the other Hufflepuff passing by looked at me shocked and confused. "Bonsoir, Miss Black." Greeted the Fat Friar but I ignored him and continued walking out of the Hufflepuff common room with a serious and blank expression marked in my face.

I was heading to the dungeons to talk to Sephitis, she needs to answer all my question, all the questions running in my head. The halls were dark and was only lit up by the torches hanging in the walls, there weren't that much students except prefects like me or head boy or girl.

Almost half way to the dungeons, I stopped as I saw Lilith's figure walking down a hallway.

"Lilith." I called her, not shouting for I know that people might already be sleeping, she froze but then started to walk again pretending like she didn't heard me. The clicking of my shoes echoed in the hallway as I tried to catch up with her.