Chapter 29: Reunited (Natasha)

Natasha had been training with Clint all day, and now was no exception.

"So," Clint said between unsuccessful punches. "what do you think about Loki being back?"

"I think that it's good for Elena. I also think that you're distracting us from training." She snapped back.

Silence once again enveloped the two assassins. Trying to focus on beating Clint, she kept dodging blows and throwing them right back. However, Natasha couldn't help but get lost in her thoughts.

How did she feel about Loki's return?

She wasn't exactly thrilled about it; nobody was. Except for Elena. But that's normal, right? Because they're father and daughter? But, what did she know about proper families?

Loki's return had left her on high alert, ready to attack at any moment. After the attack on Manhattan 17 years ago, how couldn't she be ready for his mischievous antics?

But then again, she had never seen the God look so broken before seeing his daughter again. Natasha hadn't seen anyone look so broken!

How was it that the most evil villain was the only villain to be seen looking that dreadful? And why- oof!

Nat's thoughts were interrupted by Clint's foot connecting with her gut. Losing her balance, she landed hard on the mat they had been training on.

Clint offered a hand to help her up, but Natasha swatted it away, now in a foul mood.

After she was steady on her feet, she got back into a fighting stance. Clint, however, did not. "Nat, are you-" "I'm fine!"

Clint raised an eyebrow.

That's it!

All she wanted to do was train. She just got distracted! That's all! Now Clint goes all 'Nat, are you okay!?' No. This is the only time that she's lost to Clint. Or anyone for that matter.

Clint watched in confusion as Natasha stormed out of the room.