Chapter 33: Pride

The Avengers that remained in the room after Thor and Steve left, were stunned into silence. Even Tony.

Whatever Tony was thinking about in his silence, must've gotten to him, because he left the room. He didn't even say anything snarky, he just left.

Tony walked down the halls, going the opposite direction of Elena's room. He walked with a purpose that no one had seen him walk with before.

Eventually, he made it to his destination: the room holding Loki's cell.

Tony opened the heavily guarded door, half expecting to see Elena somewhere on the other side, but he knew better. Elena was to stubborn to come straight to her father after an argument.

"Either we did a sucky job raising your daughter, or she's unbelievably loyal to you. And I suspect it's the latter." Tony said.

Loki looked up at him, hiding confusion. "Care to explain?"

"Apparently Thor wants to take you two back to Asgard. Thor might've mentioned that you would be a prisoner, and, long story short, flipped out, defended you to the point of insanity, and made a fool out of us." Tony explained.

Loki's face, which had previously darkened at the mention of Asgard, broke into a grin as Tony finished the story. He couldn't believe it!

Why had Elena defended him? No one defended him! It just didn't happen!

He couldn't help bit wonder about his daughter. He was the one who kidnapped Elena; why did she trust him?

"Consider yourself lucky; Elena doesn't pick fights unless they mean something to her and they're well worth fighting." Tony said over his shoulder as he walked away again.

Loki couldn't help the smile planted on his face. Pride for his daughter grew in the pit of his stomach, steadily growing bigger and bigger.