Chapter 4: Notes, interrogations, and decisions.

Elena walked through the entrance of the hellicarrier. Steve hadn't come to get escort her from school to the hellicarrier which meant he had forgotten.

For once, the flying S.H.I.E.L.D. base seemed to be deserted. Elena had only taken a few steps when she saw a note from Tony taped to a large window.

Hey Kid!

Well, we were assigned to a minor mission out-of-state, but Steve should be back early to make sure you don't blow anything up.

Well thanks for being nice, Tony! The last time she had blown something up she was two years old and Tony was "supervising" Elena while she played with extremely hazardous chemicals in his lab.

Sam should be around, but man, that man sure knows how to make sure no one finds him! He probably doesn't know that you'll be home anytime soon, though. Anyway, in all seriousness-

The note had momentarily stopped here, with lots of scribbles and smudged ink before continuing.

Hey, Elena, it's Bruce now! We really need you to not cause any trouble or go snooping around today... or tomorrow... well, for the next few days actually. We really can't tell you why, Fury told us not to, and for once, every single person in S.H.I.E.L.D. agrees (including us). We'll be back soon enough! Please be careful! We don't want you to get hurt! Feel free to "do science", as Tony would put it, in my lab.

The writing here changed again here. It went from Bruce's familiar scrawl, to Clint's partially neat handwriting.

And you can take your bow down to the weapon testing room and get some target practice in. The room isn't booked today, so it would be ideal. I left some different kinds of arrows down there for you in case you did decide to shoot.

There seemed to be another struggle for the pen here. The writing had switched back to Tony's now.

Anyway, Bruce pretty much summed it up, do what he says. 'Cause I'm not going to repeat what he said. I'm to lazy. So, yeah, don't touch my stuff, don't blow anything up, don't sleep with Coulson- that's Steve's job.

Bye!

Tony, And Clint.

Bruce,

Tony! Take back what you said a about Steve and Coulson!

Fine! *cough-cough- killjoy -cough-cough.* Sorry Coulson... and Steve.

Now was that so hard?

Yes.

Elena laughed as she was reading Tony's scolding, given by Bruce. She was about to throw the note away when she noticed a P.S.

P.S. Catsuit wants us to tell you that there's a dude in the interrogation room for you.

Tony had taken to calling Natasha Catsuit because of, well, the catsuit she wore as a uniform.

Elena sighed and walked to her room. She dumped all her stuff next to her bed and exited her room once more.

She leaned against her door and morphed into her natural form. She was so much more comfortable already.

She began her walk to the interrogation room. Sometimes when someone needed to be interrogated and nobody could seem to get them to crack, S.H.I.E.L.D. would send Elena in to get them to crack.

She had a way of getting people to tell the truth. Especially during interrogations. She didn't know what it was that made people crack, but she had never failed an interrogation. And Elena had been doing this since she was seven years old.

Elena stopped when she reached the heavily locked door that served as the enter acne to the interrogation room, or box as some called it.

She picked up a folder that contained all the information she would need.

After reading the contents of the folder, she replaced it back into its proper place outside the door.

Elena opened the door and walked into the dimly lit room. She sat down in the chair across from where the prisoner sat, chained to the wall, the chair, and to the table.

She stared at the man and had barely opened her mouth to say something when he burst into tears and told her everything that S.H.I.E.L.D. was trying to get him to tell.

She rolled her eyes. "Well that was easy." she mumbled. Turning on her heel, she walked out of the room again.

•.•.•.•.•.•TIME LAPSE•.•.•.•.•.•

A few hours later...

Elena had done all her homework, experimented in the Lab, messed with Tony's stuff, and fit in some target practice. Now she was laying across her bed with her head and legs dangling off either side.

She was supremely bored. Elena thought about what to do, and smirked when she decided on what to do.

She was going to do exactly what she had been begged not to do. There would only be one reason for the Avengers to tell her not to snoop. There was a new prisoner aboard the flying ship. And they were a threat.

_______________________

A/N: Hey guys! I would like at least 8 votes OR 35 comments before I write chapter 5. Lollypopsmit, your comment can count for 25 comments (don't ask, I won't explain).

Spread the word about my story please! It's up to about 51 reads so far!!! *fangirl squealing* YAY!!!

Well, comment, vote, follow, etc. please!

(Yes, I know, pitiful self-promotion. This is like, the one time I will ever be doing that! I swear it!)

-fallingleafviolinist

(The greatest violinist in the nine-realms)