Chapter 27: Reunited

S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were running around and following orders before the sun even rose. Of course, this was normal.

Bruce woke up early, wanting to get something accomplished in the lab. As he walked to said lab, he decided to stop and make sure Loki wasn't doing something evil in his cell.

When he opened the door to check, he was surprised to see two figures. Loki was on the floor of his cell, as close to the glass as he could get, asleep. A second mass was asleep on the floor next to the cell, curled into a ball.

Through all the tangled hair, Bruce could barely make out Elena's face. She was sleeping peacefully. Something she hadn't done since before Loki was a prisoner on the hellicarrier a few months ago.

Not wanting to disturb her, he quickly exited the room and continued on his way. He couldn't stop thinking about Elena, though.

She was supposed to sleep in her room, away from Loki. Bruce knew she started out in her room; he had escorted her personally. Elena must've waited for the opportune moment and sneaked back out to see her father. It sounded like something she would do.

She was going to get caught and Fury would be suspicious. Fury had begun to hate Elena as soon as they figured out that she had been with Loki.

Sure, the two never liked each other, but it never got to this point, where they hated each other with a burning passion, as they say.

Pushing the thought from his mind, Bruce continued on to his lab.

A/N: Heyo!

So, I'm sure that this chapter isn't what you wanted it to be. I'm sure that you want to keep reading about Elena and Loki. I get it, because, quite frankly, that's all I want to write about.

Buuuuuut....

For the sake of the plot I thought it would be good to get a glimpse into each of the Avenger's thoughts about Elena's return and Loki's reappearance on the hellicarrier.

So the next few chapter's will be just that. They will go in this order:

Tony

Natasha

Clint

Steve

Thor

Thank you guys for being so awesome and making this my most successful book on wattpad!!

-fallingleafviolinist
(Best violinist in the nine realms)