Chapter 28: Reunited (Tony)

This chapter is dedicated to one of my best friends, wolflover521 . Thank you for always dealing with whatever Bolshevik is happening with me! I'm so glad to have a friend like you. Ari, you're amazing. - Sarah.

Tony sat in Bruce's lab, eating blueberries and procrastinating filling out paperwork. Bruce worked silently on a project a few feet away.

Tony, being Tony, picked up a blueberry and threw it at the back of Bruce's head. The small projectile hit its target.

Bruce paused his work to glare at Tony. "Don't you have somewhere else to be? Isn't it your shift to go guard Loki?" He snapped.

Tony groaned and stood up. It was no fun if Bruce was going to be a jerk. He slowly made his way to the room that Loki was being kept in.

When he finally arrived, he took Steve's place as guard, and sat down, leaning against the door.

From where he was sitting, Tony couldn't help but hear snatches of Loki's and Elena's conversation. Nothing interesting, really. just words like "Asgard" and "house in the woods" and "Avengers". But Tony's blood ran cold when he heard the next thing Elena had said. Four words that she had Beverly said before.

I Love You, Father

Words she had never spoken in her life. And now she was saying them to that- that... monster!

Anger surged through his veins. At the same time, his heart broke.

He had taken a part in raising this child for seventeen years. And the first time she says I love you to anyone, it's the intergalactic villain! Could it get any worse!?

As much as he wanted to, Tony couldn't bring himself to march right in there and say Hey, Elena! How ya doin'? Good? Good. Glad I could raise you and then have you go to the dark side (they didn't even offer you cookies!). Kai, bye gurl!

However ridiculous that sounded, it's what he wanted to say.

But, what would that accomplish?

So he stayed where he was, and did nothing...