Chapter 8: A Rude Awakening

Elena sat bolt upright in her bed. Alarms were blaring and she could the shouts of distant agents.

A small movement in the darkest corner of her room caught her attention.

She moved herself so that she was propped up on her elbows, secretly grabbing a dagger that she always kept under her pillow simultaneously.

"Show yourself! Now!" she demanded quietly. There was no need to yell and make a ruckus when she might be able to just take the perpetrator down herself.

There was a long pause before an all-too-familiar face appeared as they walked out of the shadows.

She drew in a sharp intake of breath.

"What? How? When?" she stammered. "How did you get out?!" she asked.

Loki crept further out of the shadows and sat on the foot of her bed.

"There's no time to explain now. I must tell you something of great importance. I-"

"I know what you're going to say, but don't say it. I already know!" she cut him off angrily.

"What. Are. You. Doing. In. My. Room?!"

"I'm sorry, I really am." was all he said before muttering something that was definitely not English.

Elena fell back onto the bed, unable to support her own weight.

When she tried to push herself back up, she couldn't move. Elena quickly realized he had used magic on her to make her become paralyzed.

Great she thought.

Struggling frantically, she tried to use her own magic to counter whatever her father had done to her, but her magic wasn't strong enough. She was still weak from earlier that day when Sam had attacked her.

She watched helplessly as Loki stood up and tossed her over his shoulder.

With on hand he opened the door, while his right hand was holding Elena in place on his shoulder.

Elena watched the floor as Loki sprinted through the halls, doing who knows what to anyone they encountered.

If she could've, Elena would've shivered as they raced out a door and the cool night air greeted them.

From what she could tell, Elena and Loki were on the runway.

The door they had just come through burst open again and Elena heard three pairs of feet rush through it.

"Please- Please don't take her!" came Bruce's familiar voice. He was obviously holding back tears.

At least someone cares about me... Elena thought.

The unmistakeable sound of an arrow being knocked reached her ears.

Clint. she determined, internally smirking.

The third person never said anything.

Natasha. Who else would stay silent this whole time?

"Please!" Came Bruce's voice again.

"We will stop at nothing to keep her away from you and safe at S.H.I.E.L.D.!" Clint said in a deadly tone of voice.

"Have you ever asked her what she what she wanted to do? Where she wanted to stay?" Loki said in an equally as deadly tone.

No response came.

"Have you ever told her that her family was still alive?!" He yelled.

"She knew she had family, she knows her Uncle Thor!" Natasha stated.

"Yes, and I know for a fact how often the fool has visited my child! Once! And the oaf isn't her family, we are not brothers, we are not related! You speak of keeping Elena safe with you, yet no one seems to notice when she is missing, or for that matter even care if she is missing! She has come to see me twice in my visit to Misgard! You pretend to accept her, yet I can sense what you feel, I know what you're thinking! You have never truly forgiven her for something that she had no part in! You have never forgiven her for my crimes!" Loki seethed with hatred, his face livid.

Elena mentally grinned. Her father, who she had met barely over 24 hours ago, had just stuck up for her.

Point, Elena! She thought.

Clint growled at Loki. Loki glared back. Bruce held back tears. Nat just stood there, looking emotionless, arms crossed over her chest. Elena just hung there, limp as a cheese-stick.

Below, people could be heard racing up the steps, undoubtedly lead by none other than Nicholas James Fury, the Director of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Loki panicked. Elena was struggling to use her magic again, when she blacked out.

For a second time that day.

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you so much!! This story has close to 200 reads, all thanks to you!!! I'm in such a good mood, I wrote 2 chapters in one day, and I'm about to go nominate my favorite teacher for the Golden Apple award!!! Wish me luck!

-fallingleafviolinist

(Best violinist in the nine realms!!!)