Chapter 23: My Own Little Hell Part Two

Elena had been placed in a small room with white walls, a white tiled floor, and a white table.

To her surprise, Fury had taken the handcuffs off her.

She cautiously rubbed her partially raw wrists.

Something was up; she had been in this room for nearly an hour with no S.H.I.E.L.D agents bothering her.

And, quite honestly, it was unnerving her, though she would never let it show.

Another 40 minutes and a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent had finally come into the room.

He roughly grabbed Elena by the arm and dragged her out of the maddening white room.

Elena willingly followed.

After a few turns, the path they were taking became a familiar one. She was unsurprised when they arrived at the interrogations room.

Once inside, she was seated on one side of a table, again left un-handcuffed.

Elena looked around. She had gone from an all white room, to the all black room she had been in countless time.

Only, this time, she was the one being interrogated; the prey.

She much preferred being the interrogator; the predator.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

"What did you tell Loki!?!" The interrogator shouted.

"I've only told you about a million times: I didn't tell my father anything about S.H.I.E.L.D." Elena replied calmly.

Silence passed between the two.

"This is quite the circular conversation. You would probably have a better time talking to a wall." Elena said, head in her hands.

That really set the interrogator off.

"That's it!"

In an instant, the man had reached across the table and bashed her head into the table, breaking her nose for sure.

Elena cried out in pain.

He grabbed the collar of Elena's shirt and pulled her off of her chair while she was still dazed.

But this time, she was ready. Well, as ready as she could be.

She stuck a leg out and tripped the man. He, however, recovered quickly
and pinned Elena to the wall, using her wrist that was still in the process of healing, as leverage.

"Why don't we take a walk?" He hissed menacingly.

"If we're going for a walk, then why do I have a feeling about this?"

The man responded by kicking Elena's legs out from underneath her.

"What a disgraceful child; unable to stand on her own two feet." the interrogated sneered.

Elena just rolled her eyes. Like that of all comments was going to set off the daughter of Loki.

•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Elena was being dragged through the halls of the hellicarrier.

"Enjoying our walk yet?" The interrogator asked.

"What kind of question is that? Don't answer that; I already know it's a dumb one." Elena somehow managed to retort.

Knowing that it wasn't her best idea to keep being a smart ass, she braced herself for some sort of "punishment".

And she got one.

Elena was shoved forward. Losing her balance, she found herself making contact with the floor.

The man kicked Her repeatedly.

"Is that. All. You've got?" She grunted between kicks.

The interrogator momentarily stopped attacking her, and whistled a short, four note tune.

Five more agents surrounded Elena, who was still lying on the ground, forming a circle around her.

"What the hell! Where do you people come from?! Do you just spend your days lurking in shadowy halls?" Elena asked, exasperated.

To no one's surprise, no answer was given.

After Elena had gotten quite the beating, she was dragged through the halls once more.

Elena's eyes widened as she was dragged past each of the Avengers, hard at work.

Past Tony, who was too busy working on a new suit to notice them standing outside of his lab.

Past Clint and Natasha shooting their weapons together in the training room.

Elena knew that they knew that sensed someone behind them, watching them, bit probably didn't care.

Past Steve, who was too absorbed in hitting his punching bag to notice them.

And finally, they stopped outside of Bruce's lab. He was hard at work messing with different scientific equipment.

It broke Elena's heart to see all of the Avengers, convinced that she had betrayed them. Too busy to even acknowledge her.

She struggled to keep the tears from flowing down her face.

"Now do you want to tell us what you told Loki? Want to gain the trust of your dear friends again? Tell us what you told that piece of scum!" The interrogator said, in a menacing tone.

"He's not scum!" Elena shouted at him.

"And by insulting him, you insult me."

The man whistled his four-note tune again. Once again, more agents came out of the shadows.

And once again, they began to beat her again.

Hearing the commotion, Bruce looked over and was horrified as to what he saw.

He rushed out to Elena's aid.

"Agents! I think you've done enough." he said, with a steely glare.

The agents noticed that Bruce had a tinge of green spreading across his arm, and backed off.

Once they were gone, he brought Elena into his lab.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Physically? Probably. Emotionally... that's a whole other story" she replied quietly.

Bruce started to run tests on her to see if she had any major injuries, which, thankfully, she didn't.

There was an awkward silence between the two, before finally, Bruce mumbled something about taking her back to her special room.

And he did.

________________________

A/N: hey guys! It's been a while.

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in forever!!! I just couldn't find inspiration for this story!

No worries though, I won't be discontinuing it anytime soon. I've got it mostly planned out from here.

Keep living life! Luv y'all!

-fallingleafviolinist

Ps: more pitiful self promotion!
I just came out with an about the author book for myself; it would be great if you guys would read it and ask me questions!

Thanks!