Chapter 7: Familiar Forest

(Your POV)
There was a blast of crimson before I opened my eyes to see we were now in the familiar forest. I was back in my school uniform, still with my book bag and desert eagle on me just in case. I'm not one to waste time, so I decided to head take a moment to feel the wind around me. All was still for a moment before I caught the sense of sea salt on the breeze, I managed to pinpoint what direction the ocean breeze was coming from. A perk of living where I am I guess, but before I could take off, Rias grabbed my sleeve.

"Where are you going?" Rias asked, not like a person with a short temper, but like a friend who's genuinely curious. "I don't want you getting hurt here."

"Sona already gave me the instructions to find the being who can remove my curse, so I'm going to the water." I gently removed my master's hand from my sleeve, careful not to hurt her. "You needn't worry about me, Issei thinks I'm immortal, if that's any comfort."

"I don't think, I know you're immortal!" Issei shouts, with a follow up statement close behind. "Remember that time you got hit with a crowbar and the crowbar bent?"

"See, I'll be fine." I reassured my master the best I could before letting go of her hands. "I'll come back when my job is complete, Koneko, try not to murder Issei when he pulls something perverted."

"We'll see..." Koneko cracked her knuckles and I walked towards the source of the water.

As I walked through the forest, the smells of sea salt became stronger and stronger overtime. A cool breeze that only the sea could make brushed past my face and through my hair, and I knew I was going the correct direction. I went a couple more meters, and I was officially at the cliffside overlooking the ocean. There were a set of stone stairs leading down to a beach of silver sand, so I walked down the steps and began running through my bag to find if I have any crocodile jerky. I did, and I pulled the packet out before pulling three sticks of jerky out. I reached the sand it felt softer than any sand I've ever been on, but I still stayed true to my original purpose. I reeled my arm back and threw the pieces of jerky as far as I could manage, sending them an impressive distance while they just floated in place. From here, I had no idea what to do, but before I could walk away, water erupted from the jerky. From the water a great serpent appeared before me with it's mighty jaws open before snapping shut in an instant. Before me was a great serpent, and even I began to grow scared of the sight before me. The serpent turned its attention to me, and spoke in a deep voice.

"It has been a long while since the last man came before me..." The serpent leaned towards me in curiosity, and I could feel it's breath before me, and it was cold and salty. "Now I see, you're a child of the sea..."

"I would prefer it if you didn't call me that, if that's okay with you

"I would prefer it if you didn't call me that, if that's okay with you." I stayed calm in this situation and spoke politely, the only way I'd think I'd survive.

"I can see your heritage clearly thanks to that coat around your waist..." The serpent was referring to my parka, which was the only thing I got from my mother. "Given how you are a child of man and sea...your mother must be gone...I apologize for your loss..."